The BBC Chameleon Thread

(18-10-2023, 01:10 PM)IanJRedman Wrote:  A couple of days ago I saw the recording of two new episodes of I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue in Bournemouth for Radio 4. I couldn't help noticing that they could do with a new tablecloth... According to Logopedia, that particular iteration of the Radio 4 logo went out of use in 2001?!

So we have a table surrounded by outdated and irrelevant icons...

...let's meet the teams!

I'm here all week.

(18-10-2023, 02:35 PM)Keith Wrote:  I believe replacing that tablecloth is the responsibility of Samantha, or possibly Sven.  Wink

Samantha delegates that job to an elderly stage manager: presumably his age is the reason he can't get it up.  Wink

"News certainly does travel fast!"
[-] The following 9 users Like Onion Terror's post:
  • AaronLancs, AndrewP, DavidTV, IanJRedman, lookoutwales, Nobby, Spencer, Steve in Pudsey, what

Couldn't help noticing on a Look East report a few minutes ago (about a new Chelmsford road) that the reporter's hi-vis jacket had a pre-1997 BBC logo on it. At least they can't be accused of wasting money.

Formerly 'Charlie Wells' of TV Forum.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Keith's post:
  • Ma76

(30-10-2023, 07:43 PM)Keith Wrote:  Couldn't help noticing on a Look East report a few minutes ago (about a new Chelmsford road) that the reporter's hi-vis jacket had a pre-1997 BBC logo on it. At least they can't be accused of wasting money.

Indeed. I wonder who it was handed down from.
[-] The following 3 users Like m_in_m's post:
  • AndrewP, Ma76, Roger Darthwell

I remember watching the London 2012 torch relay coverage and seeing a few of those hi-vis jackets with the old old logo on - they must have made lots of them for them to still be around.

[Image: 1592580878_1869298444.svg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes VMPhil's post:
  • Ma76

I do wonder if they're as old as they look. While I can't imagine they're used a lot, it does seem a bit weird that a hi vis would last that long (at least 26 years). A couple of washes and they cease to function correctly, particularly that type of scotchlite.

I bet they’re just hung back up in a cupboard after use and never get washed. No-one ever takes responsibility for communal items like that. And given they’re not worn against the skin, they’re unlikely to get particularly smelly or dirty.
[-] The following 5 users Like Spencer's post:
  • AndrewP, bilky asko, Ma76, m_in_m, Rxtx

A creative adaption of chameleon branding style from Radio 2’s Eras archive show…

www.bbc.co.uk 

www.bbc.co.uk 

They are replacing the chameleon blocks with the blocks of the era.
[-] The following 14 users Like Rxtx's post:
  • AaronLancs, AndrewP, ANE, Ant, callumwatchestelly, JosiahStuart, LDN, Ma76, Mick Lee, paul_hadley, RhysJR, thomalex, TVNerd, what

The latest series of drama, Time, has the new, fully Reithed BBC Studios Drama logo on the endcap. Good to see it all on-brand and up to date.

Oh for f…

up.metropol247.co.uk 
Web Image

[-] The following 11 users Like Spencer's post:
  • AndrewP, DeMarkay, harshy, Juicy Joe, LDN, letsgetgraphical, LouBlu08, Ma76, Mike, RhysJR, turbolazer

Countryfile tonight announced the BBC Young Countryside Champion. They were interviewing the winner afterwards in front of a A-Board with Food and Farming Awards logo with the Gill San BBC logo.

Additionally, on the main stage, they had both logos in play.

www.bbc.com 

They were doing it last year too.

www.bbc.com 
[-] The following 6 users Like Juicy Joe's post:
  • AaronLancs, AndrewP, callumwatchestelly, LDN, Ma76, Spencer

x.com 

A new podcast as well. I give up
[-] The following 5 users Like thomalex's post:
  • harshy, interestednovice, Ma76, Roger Darthwell, thePineapple