The BBC Chameleon Thread

(24-11-2023, 11:26 PM)Spencer Wrote:  I never thought to conflate the BBC using an old logo with the era of misinformation myself. Maybe we could get BBC Verify to keep a check on the Chameleon rollout.
In a round about way it could make life harder. There’s plenty warnings out there which say look for inconsistencies in videos to tell if is a fake or hot. Also something such as trying to date a video. I’ve seen countless post in social media claiming somethings happen accompanied by a clip. Things such as lower thirds and studios help you date the videos.

Whilst most of the public probably can’t tell what year a news set was used theyd recognise it’s not the one they saw on tv the other day. Simple things like the logo could be something someone else might in the future use to date a clip.

Just a ident loving pres.fan from the East of England 
All spelling mistakes are my own #Dyslexic@Keyboard 
[-] The following 4 users Like ViridianFan's post:
  • benzj, GeeTeeKay474, Ma76, Nobby

Not sure how much of this is the BBC's fault, or if the blame is solely with the sporting bodies, but the World Snooker Tour and Champions Cup rugby are still using pre-Chamaelon BBC logos in their promotional work (the second a screenshot of the bottom of the home page where all sponsors/partners displyed).

pbs.twimg.com 
Web Image

up.metropol247.co.uk 
Web Image

[-] The following 1 user Likes RhysJR's post:
  • bkman1990

Well as the BBC still use their old logo across the corporation you can't expect external organisations to do any better really.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Brekkie's post:
  • Juicy Joe

Well turns out I had seen this style of promo ending with all the icons before as I mentioned it a month or so ago, but these trailers work quite well:

Baptiste:
www.youtube.com 

Vigil:
www.youtube.com 

Line of Duty:
www.youtube.com 

Hey Duggie:
www.youtube.com 
[-] The following 2 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • arbrax, thePineapple

BBC Young Chorister of the Year on Songs of Praise right now, using BBC Gill Sans logos everywhere.
[-] The following 2 users Like Juicy Joe's post:
  • Roger Darthwell, TJTSW

I have been meaning to mention this for a while! Using the previous R2 logo too
Took a screengrab last week and completely forgot to upload it

live.staticflickr.com 
Web Image

At school they taught me how to be
So pure in thought and word and deed
They didn't quite succeed...

(04-12-2023, 03:04 AM)AndrewP Wrote:  I have been meaning to mention this for a while! Using the previous R2 logo too
Took a screengrab last week and completely forgot to upload it

live.staticflickr.com 

It appears the 2 is missing from the logo on the trophy – there’s just the circle.

It's there but subtle, on previous iterations.

www.bbc.co.uk 
[-] The following 2 users Like Steve in Pudsey's post:
  • Juicy Joe, Spencer

On the Junior semi-final they did show a much clearer image of the trophy

At school they taught me how to be
So pure in thought and word and deed
They didn't quite succeed...

A new video for Casualty on Twitter to promote the upcoming new episodes...

Nice BBC logo at the start.... not.

twitter.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes rick's post:
  • UTVLifer