BBC/ITV West News

Kylie Pentelow presented her final 6pm programme(s) for ITV West Country tonight.

www.itv.com 

x.com 
[-] The following 3 users Like lookoutwales's post:
  • Stuart, Superman1986, UTVLifer

It may have flown by people's heads. South East Today's temp set may have a new temporary home in Bristol for a while if this Tweet by Alex Lovell is anything to go by.If

twitter.com 
[-] The following 6 users Like AaronLancs's post:
  • AndrewP, LDN, RhysJR, Stuart, Superman1986, UTVLifer

(04-10-2023, 04:31 PM)AaronLancs Wrote:  It may have flown by people's heads. South East Today's temp set may have a new temporary home in Bristol for a while if this Tweet by Alex Lovell is anything to go by.
twitter.com 
Bristol have such a nice large main studio, so I guess come December we'll get to see how much of the space has been wasted. The IKEA sets seem to be a standard size.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Stuart's post:
  • Superman1986

Bristol will likely have no problem accommodating the flat pack IKEA set in their studio - whilst for other regions such as Hull or TW it's been a little bit of a squeeze. Points West will probably be the last region to launch their new set this year, with Southampton likely launching their new set not long before Bristol depending on how it goes.

So then going into 2024 all that'll be left is Look North NE&C, Look East, Spotlight, North West Tonight and the Channel Islands once they've finished their cupboard expansion. Oh and maybe posting BBC Cymru Wales one of the big IKEA desks for their studio.
[-] The following 2 users Like UTVLifer's post:
  • Stuart, Superman1986

Just confirmed at the end of tonight's Points West that they will be in a temporary set from tomorrow!
[-] The following 3 users Like HTVbest's post:
  • bkman1990, Superman1986, UTVLifer

Bristol Studio A isn’t as large as you might imagine, though it does have decent studio grid height. The original Studio A (where many children’s programmes in the 70s and 80s were made and are fondly remembered) was a larger floor area, but when it was redeveloped in the mid 90s, the floor was divided and the new production gallery and some other ancillary areas were constructed within it’s footprint. The remaining useable studio floor is smaller than the old space, though the full grid remains above.

I don’t think they’ll be using the studio space with the temporary set - no other regions has - they’ve all relocated to a different area while the new set goes in.
[-] The following 5 users Like Deejay's post:
  • bkman1990, Phil, RhysJR, Spencer, Stuart

(04-10-2023, 07:34 PM)Deejay Wrote:  I don’t think they’ll be using the studio space with the temporary set - no other regions has - they’ve all relocated to a different area while the new set goes in.
Bristol have other space they can use for a temporary set. Last time they used the lobby, with a sofa and some plasma screens. It looked awful.

This time they can use the 'travelling set' in there for 2 months, although it seems to fit easily into random office space abandoned by staff who've left.
[-] The following 3 users Like Stuart's post:
  • Superman1986, TJTSW, UTVLifer

All these sets suffering from moire which is a shame really, I don’t think there’s a real solution either.
[-] The following 2 users Like harshy's post:
  • Stuart, UTVLifer

(04-10-2023, 06:58 PM)HTVbest Wrote:  Just confirmed at the end of tonight's Points West that they will be in a temporary set from tomorrow!

up.metropol247.co.uk 

(04-10-2023, 08:56 PM)harshy Wrote:  All these sets suffering from moire which is a shame really, I don’t think there’s a real solution either.

To be fair, we haven't seen any of the English sets in HD yet. Does Newsline have the moire problem?