BBC/ITV West News

(04-10-2023, 11:16 PM)IanJRedman Wrote:  To be fair, we haven't seen any of the English sets in HD yet. Does Newsline have the moire problem?

Haven’t we? I thought they were all in HD now?

Volunteering. It's #GoodForYou!

(04-10-2023, 11:20 PM)Moz Wrote:  Haven’t we? I thought they were all in HD now?

Whilst BBC One HD is now fully regionalised, the majority of the regional news programmes are still upscaled from SD. From memory, unless any further ones have crept in recently, the only truly HD regions are:

London
Salford (North West)
Plymouth (South West)
Southampton (South)
Newcastle (North East & Cumbria)

None of those have the new set yet - Southampton's is currently being built, and obviously London probably won't be getting one. I guess the test will be how well Southampton copes in terms of moire.
[-] The following 6 users Like IanJRedman's post:
  • bkman1990, harshy, Moz, Stuart, Superman1986, UTVLifer

(04-10-2023, 11:38 PM)IanJRedman Wrote:  Whilst BBC One HD is now fully regionalised, the majority of the regional news programmes are still upscaled from SD. From memory, unless any further ones have crept in recently, the only truly HD regions are:

London
Salford (North West)
Plymouth (South West)
Southampton (South)
Newcastle (North East & Cumbria)

None of those have the new set yet - Southampton's is currently being built, and obviously London probably won't be getting one. I guess the test will be how well Southampton copes in terms of moire.
Do we know when the Salford one will be completed?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ben Shatliff's post:
  • UTVLifer

(04-10-2023, 06:58 PM)HTVbest Wrote:  Just confirmed at the end of tonight's Points West that they will be in a temporary set from tomorrow!
A tour around the temp Point West set:
twitter.com 

Watch this space...
WestKnightTV - on DeviantArt
[-] The following 3 users Like W. Knight's post:
  • interestednovice, RhysJR, Stuart

The weather presentation seems to be a work-in-progress. Presented from the sofa with the TV behind, the angles seemed all wrong. Tried presenting from the sofa picture-in-picture overlaid on the map, it seemed OK.

Today being presented from the broom cupboard.
[-] The following 3 users Like japitts's post:
  • ChrisE, interestednovice, Superman1986

twitter.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes IanJRedman's post:
  • Superman1986

Posted by BBC West themselves. Nice try at generating a viral moment.

[Image: 1592580878_1869298444.svg]

I see in the BBC South West/ITV West Country thread that Alex Lovell is following Seb over to ITV West Country in January to replace Kylie. So ITV Points West it is!
[-] The following 5 users Like HTVbest's post:
  • AaronLancs, interestednovice, JamieD, Stuart, Superman1986

Changes are happening, all beit small, the location Aston's have started to annimate on to the screen.
[-] The following 3 users Like HTVbest's post:
  • interestednovice, London Lite, Superman1986

(23-11-2023, 08:01 PM)HTVbest Wrote:  Changes are happening, all beit small, the location Aston's have started to annimate on to the screen.

Is this just one of the regions playing, or is this being rolled out across BBC News?

Volunteering. It's #GoodForYou!
[-] The following 2 users Like Moz's post:
  • interestednovice, Spencer