Ideal Worlds Future?

Indeed, thought you were excellent at presenting it, and being able to hold the camera while talking and doing things isn't easy either

Good stuff

Great presentation Orry, Thanks for sharing that with us.

A kitchen set has appeared on Ideal World tonight, the guest is Mark Stewart also of Bid TV/Price-Drop alumni.  
When they started showing the Christmas coloured graphics, they also had a festive DOG which has been replaced with the usual one. 

[Image: dYXk52B.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes JasonB's post:
  • bilky asko

Just spotted this on Ideal World. The product description's information has been squished to fit everything in. Did this happen with these graphics when Ideal World came from Peterborough?

i.imgur.com 
Web Image

[-] The following 2 users Like JasonB's post:
  • bax, callumwatchestelly

(20-11-2023, 09:17 PM)JasonB Wrote:  Just spotted this on Ideal World. The product description's information has been squished to fit everything in. Did this happen with these graphics when Ideal World came from Peterborough?

i.imgur.com 

This sort of thing is a regular feature of TJC's on-screen graphics - I don't think I ever spotted this on Ideal World, though I daresay this might be because they actively avoided this sort of text scaling as much as possible.

(20-11-2023, 09:52 PM)bilky asko Wrote:  This sort of thing is a regular feature of TJC's on-screen graphics - I don't think I ever spotted this on Ideal World, though I daresay this might be because they actively avoided this sort of text scaling as much as possible.

On Freeview 51 the squished text looks rather blurred compared to the YouTube HD stream. I've just never seen this happen before. I also notice on TJC that the phone number graphic is permanently on screen sometimes covering up the advertisements/promotions behind it.

(20-11-2023, 10:04 PM)JasonB Wrote:  On Freeview 51 the squished text looks rather blurred compared to the YouTube HD stream. I've just never seen this happen before. I also notice on TJC that the phone number graphic is permanently on screen sometimes covering up the advertisements/promotions behind it.

A different number appears on the YouTube stream covering the standard phone number. I have never phoned the number to find out why this is, but perhaps it covers the fact there may be a delay (or that you can scroll back 12 hours).

(20-11-2023, 10:11 PM)bilky asko Wrote:  A different number appears on the YouTube stream covering the standard phone number. I have never phoned the number to find out why this is, but perhaps it covers the fact there may be a delay (or that you can scroll back 12 hours).

I don't see what difference that makes, Ideal World is your conventional "shop with a catalogue number" and in theory you can buy stuff whenever regardless of whatever's being flogged on the air; its not like the Bid/Price-Drop model where this is what we have and this is how many we have of it if you don't buy it now you can't buy it later unless we decide to bring it back.

(20-11-2023, 11:49 PM)Neil Jones Wrote:  I don't see what difference that makes, Ideal World is your conventional "shop with a catalogue number" and in theory you can buy stuff whenever regardless of whatever's being flogged on the air; its not like the Bid/Price-Drop model where this is what we have and this is how many we have of it if you don't buy it now you can't buy it later unless we decide to bring it back.

I was referring to the TJC stream, where of course there are often items with limited stocks.

Could also just be a way of recording which 'channel' the sale can be attributed to.

[Image: signature.jpg]
chatps.com
[-] The following 2 users Like WillPS's post:
  • bilky asko, Nobby

(20-11-2023, 09:17 PM)JasonB Wrote:  Just spotted this on Ideal World. The product description's information has been squished to fit everything in. Did this happen with these graphics when Ideal World came from Peterborough?

i.imgur.com 

Jeez – a grand for a watch like that?! It looks like something you'd pick up in your local Esso garage for a fiver.