Ideal Worlds Future?

(03-07-2023, 06:05 PM)Plutobug Wrote:  Do you have a link to the video?

I think the livestream has been taken down now
[-] The following 2 users Like Clark's post:
  • insert_good_username_here, Plutobug

So was the Teleshopping on ITV2/3/4 live Ideal World content too - I assumed it was just the standard pre-recorded advertorials?

Were the ITV slots a simulcast of the main channel or produced especially for ITV?

(03-07-2023, 07:03 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  So was the Teleshopping on ITV2/3/4 live Ideal World content too - I assumed it was just the standard pre-recorded advertorials?

Were the ITV slots a simulcast of the main channel or produced especially for ITV?

The original ITV[1] slot ran from some variable time after 12 midnight until 3am (sometimes with an earlier start for STV). It was a straight simulcast of Ideal World. They recently started with a slot on ITV4, which was a recent repeat of an ITV1 show. As it was a fixed 12 midnight to 3am slot, the initial part of that slot would contain ITV4 references live on Ideal World, in a way that would only make sense on the repeat. Again, this was also simulcast on Ideal World (i.e. the repeat was also showing on Ideal World itself).

Any teleshopping on ITV2 and ITV3 was the standard pre-recorded fare.

Here's the final live section of Ideal World before they went to the holding slide:

www.youtube.com 
[-] The following 8 users Like bilky asko's post:
  • Brekkie, Happy2001, insert_good_username_here, Larry the Loafer, Plutobug, Quantum+83, Rexogamer, TVFan

It's all so sudden it makes you wonder if even the presenters knew it was going to happen.

Memories of the abrupt closures of Bid TV (right in the middle of a segement) and Auction World there. I seem to remember the Auction World one went to a loop that was around 2 seconds long which got incredibly annoying very quickly.
[-] The following 4 users Like James2001's post:
  • Brekkie, insert_good_username_here, Plutobug, Quantum+83

(03-07-2023, 06:45 PM)Clark Wrote:  I think the livestream has been taken down now

It's just unlisted, it's still running (at the moment).

www.youtube.com 

There's a 12-hour rewind available.
[-] The following 1 user Likes bilky asko's post:
  • TVFan

Zhuzh! is an appropriate a final item to air as any I suppose. Must have been selling that from close to the start.

[Image: signature.jpg]
chatps.com
[-] The following 3 users Like WillPS's post:
  • bilky asko, insert_good_username_here, Quantum+83

(03-07-2023, 06:12 PM)DeMarkay Wrote:  Information is here:

www.kroll.com 

www.bidwells.co.uk 

find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk 

Interesting stuff. So reading those links and doing a bit of research.......

Frasers/Sportsdirect had a large minority shareholding in Ideal World. Last year they rescued an online retail company called Studio Group and they were using some facilities at their Peterborough HQ. internetretailing.net 

This will also explain why they've been selling more Sportsdirect products

Looks like on the 6th June there was a debenture between Sports Direct and Ideal World. 'A debenture is a loan agreement in writing between a borrower and a lender that is registered at Companies House. It gives the lender security over the borrower’s assets.' so AIUI Frasers lent IW money with IW assets as security. 

That sales brochure says they were after buyers for the company by 30th June. And according to this article (sorry, most of it pay walled) on 30th June Frasers took a much larger stake in IW
www.thefurnishingreport.com  

My guess is that IW got into trouble and Frasers (Sportsdirect) have stepped in to rescue it. They do a lot of that and recently have been building an online shopping empire: www.retailgazette.co.uk  

I suspect that the purchase on 30th June has put Frasers in control and they've paused trading while they work out what to do with IW - including what to do with the staff. With so many brands and online retailers in the group I wonder if it'll be remodelled into a TV showroom for their companies? 

The freehold of the Peterborough building is for sale, but as the brochure you posted says, Idela World has a lease on it until 2027. It says that's under offer so I wonder if Frasers are buying that too? Not that it would matter if they didn't, the sale of the freehold is seperate to the operation of the business based there
[-] The following 2 users Like Stooky Bill's post:
  • bilky asko, Quantum+83

Interesting development tonight from this report. Channel sent staff statement. Up to 250 jobs at risk. Several interested parties in acquiring the business. On Thursday staff meeting will update staff. 

www.cambsnews.co.uk 

(03-07-2023, 10:20 PM)Stooky Bill Wrote:  Interesting stuff. So reading those links and doing a bit of research.......

Frasers/Sportsdirect had a large minority shareholding in Ideal World. Last year they rescued an online retail company called Studio Group and they were using some facilities at their Peterborough HQ. internetretailing.net 
This will also explain why they've been selling more Sportsdirect products

Looks like on the 6th June there was a debenture between Sports Direct and Ideal World. 'A debenture is a loan agreement in writing between a borrower and a lender that is registered at Companies House. It gives the lender security over the borrower’s assets.' so AIUI Frasers lent IW money with IW assets as security. 

That sales brochure says they were after buyers for the company by 30th June. And according to this article (sorry, most of it pay walled) on 30th June Frasers took a much larger stake in IW
www.thefurnishingreport.com  

My guess is that IW got into trouble and Frasers (Sportsdirect) have stepped in to rescue it. They do a lot of that and recently have been building an online shopping empire: www.retailgazette.co.uk  

I suspect that the purchase on 30th June has put Frasers in control and they've paused trading while they work out what to do with IW - including what to do with the staff. With so many brands and online retailers in the group I wonder if it'll be remodelled into a TV showroom for their companies? 

The freehold of the Peterborough building is for sale, but as the brochure you posted says, Idela World has a lease on it until 2027. It says that's under offer so I wonder if Frasers are buying that too? Not that it would matter if they didn't, the sale of the freehold is seperate to the operation of the business based there

Frasers' usual trick is to build a big enough shareholding/loan facility that they can force the business in to administration and then purchase (or even lease) the bits they want immediately. It's called a pre-pack administration.

[Image: signature.jpg]
chatps.com
[-] The following 3 users Like WillPS's post:
  • bilky asko, SlimyTrain, Stooky Bill

stv schedule updated

will be showing same programmes as itv1

BrandonH: Archiving Television Past and Present.