Ideal Worlds Future?

twitter.com 

What does that say about a channel if it scares fish? Just talk me through that.
[-] The following 6 users Like Josh's post:
  • bilky asko, insert_good_username_here, Plutobug, Quantum+83, Rexogamer, TVFan

(06-07-2023, 12:16 PM)Josh Wrote:  twitter.com 

A local source confirms the news:

twitter.com 

"Not good news for the 250 staff at @IdealWorldTV #Peterboroujgh who say they have been told today there is no buyer for the company and they have all been made redundant.
@OP_Peterborough"
[-] The following 7 users Like bilky asko's post:
  • Happy2001, insert_good_username_here, Plutobug, Quantum+83, Rexogamer, TVenthusiasm, TVFan

(06-07-2023, 12:18 PM)bilky asko Wrote:  A local source confirms the news:

twitter.com 

"Not good news for the 250 staff at @IdealWorldTV #Peterboroujgh who say they have been told today there is no buyer for the company and they have all been made redundant.
@OP_Peterborough"

So that's the channel effectively done then?
[-] The following 2 users Like Plutobug's post:
  • insert_good_username_here, Quantum+83

A shame for all the staff involved.

Perhaps time for CBM to finally launch on Freeview 22? (/s)

(en.wikipedia.org )
[-] The following 5 users Like LargelyALurker's post:
  • Allanbuzzy, insert_good_username_here, Plutobug, Quantum+83, WillPS

Would be interesting to know how much dropping down the EPG 30 odd places when they sold their slot in the early 20s impacted them. Doesn't look like the shopping channels are part of BARB.
[-] The following 2 users Like Brekkie's post:

Sad news, I know quite a few people in the industry who made their start there. Was one of the few opportunities left in the Midlands, really.
[-] The following 4 users Like Transmission's post:
  • bilky asko, Plutobug, Quantum+83, Toby brown

Well, there's the news we all anticipated. Thoughts go out to all at Ideal World in this difficult time.
[-] The following 4 users Like TVenthusiasm's post:
  • insert_good_username_here, Plutobug, Quantum+83, Roger Darthwell

That very much sucks.

I'm not a business/accountancy type but I can't work out how that correlates with the Frasers Group stuff though, they took a major shareholding last week / appointed a director but now don't want to continue the business?

(06-07-2023, 12:36 PM)LargelyALurker Wrote:  A shame for all the staff involved.

Perhaps time for CBM to finally launch on Freeview 22? (/s)

(en.wikipedia.org 

God, that's a blast from the past, I remember all the hype and speculation about it at the time, especially on the blue place.

The video of Ideal World's last transmission is interesting because the presenters tell us to stay tuned for the next hour, which suggests that they had no idea that they were about to go off air, must have been very sudden for most employees.
[-] The following 2 users Like James2001's post:

(06-07-2023, 01:15 PM)James2001 Wrote:   
God, that's a blast from the past, I remember all the hype and speculation about it at the time, especially on the blue place.

The video of Ideal World's last transmission is interesting because the presenters tell us to stay tuned for the next hour, which suggests that they had no idea that they were about to go off air, must have been very sudden for most employees.
Sudden yes but I don't think it will have been much of a surprise for the staff, the company had been having issues and was up for sale. 

The presenters might not have known for certain before the end of that hour (if it was live) but might well have had an inkling it was coming. The gallery would almost certainly have known at some point before that junction - they'd have had to have got the caption ready, and they're presumably on open talk back to the presenters. 

Probably just a case of the show must go on and business as usual.

(06-07-2023, 12:51 PM)Transmission Wrote:  Sad news, I know quite a few people in the industry who made their start there. Was one of the few opportunities left in the Midlands, really.
Is Peterborough the Midlands? Always think of it as more eastern England

Not a good few weeks for the industry - BT Sport in Stratford closed this week, Al Jazeera in London stops bulletins at the weekend and a lot made redundant there too. These added to a general downturn in production and commissioning
[-] The following 3 users Like Stooky Bill's post:
  • Brekkie, Quantum+83, Transmission