Thread Closed

Huw Edwards identified as BBC presenter at the centre of recent scandal

With the Met taking no action against Edwards, we can assume he'll be on paid sick leave for the interim until he's well enough to have a decision made about his future with BBC News.

I'm not going to discuss the moral implications of his actions, but I'll wish Huw the best for his recovery in hospital and hope he can retain a career in the industry when he's well enough.
[-] The following 2 users Like London Lite's post:
  • Nobby, UTVLifer

I just hope he gets all the help he needs at the hospital and finds strength to keep on! The whole things has been such a nightmare, waiting for what seemed to be inevitable, after all the speculations and guessing online.....
[-] The following 1 user Likes ginnyfan's post:
  • UTVLifer

I imagine it's a tough bulletin for Sophie to present, with it only breaking moments before going on air. It's perhaps why Fiona audibly sighed the other evening, before going on to other news.

Hopefully Huw is able to get the help and support he needs, and with his wife's statement the press will consider his current health.

Formerly 'Charlie Wells' of TV Forum.
[-] The following 2 users Like Keith's post:
  • thePineapple, UTVLifer

A lot of people seemed to have it worked it based on a no show One Show appearance last week...

[-] The following 2 users Like Johnr's post:
  • thomash79, UTVLifer

You could hear it in Sophie’s voice when she was reading that. My heart was breaking for her. That couldn’t have been a easy thing to do even if they did know. She did an amazing job. To be honest I think that they are all handling it with great professionalism and should be congratulated for that. Let’s hope that their privacy is respected

Just a ident loving pres.fan from the East of England 
All spelling mistakes are my own #Dyslexic@Keyboard 
[-] The following 6 users Like ViridianFan's post:
  • AJB39, DeMarkay, Moz, Reith85, thePineapple, UTVLifer

Best wishes to Huw and to all involved.
[-] The following 1 user Likes JamesWorldNews's post:
  • Moz

Sophie did a very good job in the toughest of circumstances, trying to report about 4 different lines of breaking news at the top of the 6, all about the scandal involving a colleague
[-] The following 1 user Likes UTVLifer's post:
  • AJB39

Piers Morgan was right when he said viewers would be shocked

Huw was basically the chief presenter of all broadcasters combined especially since he took over David Dimbleby’s duties
[-] The following 7 users Like Andrew's post:
  • AJB39, DeMarkay, oscillon, Quantum+83, thomash79, UTVLifer, Yorksman

Feels like the first time I've seen the flipper being used for actual breaking news for the first time in a while

How BBC News reported it:

up.metropol247.co.uk 
Thread Closed