Thread Closed

Huw Edwards identified as BBC presenter at the centre of recent scandal

Nancy Kacungira doing very good job right now on the News Channel

I’m shocked on many levels. But overall I really hope Huw will be OK and this won’t damage his many decades of supreme broadcasting.
[-] The following 2 users Like Rolling News's post:
  • harshy, UTVLifer

I am really shocked by this news, however Sophie has done really well on the six tonight.
[-] The following 3 users Like Yorksman's post:
  • DeMarkay, Reith85, UTVLifer

Well get well soon Huw and hopefully you will make a good recovery soon. If he has indeed resigned (at least at the start of the News at 6) then thanks for everything over the years - a legendary news anchor.

I had figured it was him by process of elimination but the news is no less surprising. I hope he gets all the healthcare he needs. I won’t comment on the details of the story beyond that because I don’t know the facts.
[-] The following 1 user Likes AJB39's post:
  • UTVLifer

(12-07-2023, 06:17 PM)Blubatt Wrote:  who can feasibly take on the role as the 10 O'clock news?
I presume Clive and Reeta would be first in line. Sophie is obviously the more senior presenter, but she seems well-suited to the Six (even if differences are less in recent years) and it does have the higher audience these days. Luckily, the network team bench is broad and high quality enough that there are plenty of options, even with George's illness and Huw's likely inevitable departure.

As for major events coverage, the successor is less clear - though I suspect Sophie and Clive may split the role (the BBC might be reluctant to put their eggs in one basket again). Elections will be interesting, though could see Laura or Jo Coburn taking it, even if I think it's something that would suit Jane quite well.
[-] The following 2 users Like DTV's post:
  • DeMarkay, UTVLifer

I do hope he gets better and I wish him and his family well..

However the BBC have really let him down, they first knew about the complaint in May and only told him about it last Thursday... It's all happened so fast. He should have been told a lot sooner.
[-] The following 4 users Like aaron_scotland's post:
  • DeMarkay, oscillon, thePineapple, thomash79

This is a bit of a shock - I really do wish him well though, and hope that he gets the support and care that he needs.

Questions for "The Sun" to answer now, surely.....
[-] The following 1 user Likes Charliemanc's post:
  • DeMarkay

I can't help but think if the person on the other side of the allegations was of the opposite gender, all the people acting "disgusted" would instead be "wayhey, phwoar, nice one" (heck, we all know The Sun themselves when it comes to exploiting pictures of naked young women), society still hasn't moved on as much on same sex relations as people would like it to think we have.
[-] The following 6 users Like James2001's post:
  • Alf Stewart, alfiejmulcahy, DeMarkay, Nobby, Reith85, Spencer

At first, I, like most people, didn't even think of him. There were many other suspects. Huw is the sometimes grumpy looking, serious, no nonsense face of BBC News. How could it be him???? Then slowly, speculation started, his absence from tv and his Twitter likes started attracting attention and after a few days it seemed quite clear, from the online chat, that it was him.
[-] The following 2 users Like ginnyfan's post:
  • DeMarkay, thomash79
Thread Closed