Survivor

The theme tune wasn't half as good as the ITV version.

(28-10-2023, 08:25 PM)VMPhil Wrote:  Ooh a lovely bit of accelerated flow into the first episode just now.

I just had a look on here (www.tvhome.co.uk ) – do you mean the lack of an ident?

Much better – UK presentation is so 'ploddy' compared to the rest of the world.

Yes I believe it’s referred to as “accelerated flow” but please correct me if I’m wrong.

[Image: 1592580878_1869298444.svg]

(28-10-2023, 11:29 PM)VMPhil Wrote:  Yes I believe it’s referred to as “accelerated flow” but please correct me if I’m wrong.

They must be very keen for it to rate well... it didn't stop me switching off though
[-] The following 1 user Likes bilky asko's post:
  • Nige

Around 2.5m for this last night, probably slightly disappointing for the BBC.
[-] The following 1 user Likes iloveTV1's post:
  • AJB39

I think that'll be around what they expected- The Traitors wasn't much higher. It isn't a Saturday night show though.

Watching now - the tribe names permanently on screen in camp scenes are so unnecessary. Got off to a really slow start with the intros on the boat too rather than going straight into the action and the VTs really break the flow.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Brekkie's post:
  • Happy2001

(29-10-2023, 11:47 AM)iloveTV1 Wrote:  Around 2.5m for this last night, probably slightly disappointing for the BBC.

That’s pretty poor considering it got the Strictly lead out. Probably the best slot of the week to have bums on seats, and with that accelerated flow as well.

Blankety Blank also apparently lost a good chunk of its viewers as well last night. The line up of Strictly then Survivor then straight back into the light entertainment with Blank didn’t flow as well as when it followed The Wheel.
[-] The following 2 users Like Andrew's post:
  • AJB39, Happy2001

(29-10-2023, 11:47 AM)iloveTV1 Wrote:  Around 2.5m for this last night, probably slightly disappointing for the BBC.

That is poor. I thought it would get at least 3 million. In mitigation it did go up against the Rugby World Cup Final last night. We’ll see how it does tonight after the Strictly results and next Saturday up against The Voice. Of course it will also gain viewers via IPlayer.

It is on the low side, but then Big Brother returned to just under 2m when it was simulcast on ITV1 (it only got to 2.6m with ITV2 factored in), and everyone has deemed that a successful return, so 2.5m - 2.6m for Survivor is not exactly surprising.

I appreciate this is early days but the immunity challenge yesterday was a poor week 1 choice. Most seasons of the Australian, American and South African series I've watched start with an assault course/puzzle which is much more exciting and gives people who hardly know one another a chance to fall out rather more than just a straight-forward endurance challenge does.

[Image: signature.jpg]
chatps.com
[-] The following 1 user Likes WillPS's post:
  • Brekkie