Survivor

Apparently, episode 2 is better. Lots of puff about tactics shmacktics elsewhere.

Watching it now. Just utter tripe not worthy of BBC One. Get it on itv2 or something.

Won’t be watching again.

Volunteering. It's #GoodForYou!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Moz's post:
  • Nige

I doubt ITV want their cast offs back.

(30-10-2023, 09:19 PM)cable Wrote:  I doubt ITV want their cast offs back.
Yeah, ITV would never bring back a reality series that aired for 2 years in the 00s as an ITV2 exlusive. It'd be a sure-fire failure.

[Image: signature.jpg]
chatps.com
[-] The following 6 users Like WillPS's post:
  • ACTV, bilky asko, Brekkie, callumwatchestelly, DeMarkay, PJamo

This feels like it's dead on arrival. There is just no life in it.

(04-11-2023, 10:26 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  This feels like it's dead on arrival.  There is just no life in it.

No better tonight? 

I stuck with it last weekend as I want to like it, but we went over to The Voice tonight with the intention of catching up…. 

It‘s such an interesting commission for the BBC in the current era. All the costs being absorbed by them too? As they went into The Traitors with NBC/Peacock?

They've somehow managed to make it boring. It seems to be a dud of a cast who have no clue about the game they are playing.

2.1m last night, beaten by The Voice with 2.5m.

I struggle to see this lasting the whole series without a schedule change. Beaten by both Antiques Roadshow and The Voice, it's clear it isn't the hit that the BBC hoped for.

It does strike me as something more suited to a midweek post watershed slot than weekends at 8-ish. It also feels like a heavy contrast of tone sandwiched between Strictly and Blankety Blank in the schedules.

Can see this getting swapped with Blankety Blank to post watershed, or at a long shot to BBC Three and post-NAT on BBC One. I'd be surprised if it gets recommissioned with the way it's going so far.

(05-11-2023, 11:46 AM)ACTV Wrote:  I struggle to see this lasting the whole series without a schedule change. Beaten by both Antiques Roadshow and The Voice, it's clear it isn't the hit that the BBC hoped for.

It does strike me as something more suited to a midweek post watershed slot than weekends at 8-ish. It also feels like a heavy contrast of tone sandwiched between Strictly and Blankety Blank in the schedules.

Can see this getting swapped with Blankety Blank to post watershed, or at a long shot to BBC Three and post-NAT on BBC One. I'd be surprised if it gets recommissioned with the way it's going so far.

If this was ITV we were talking about yes, we'd see a scheduling change as of next Saturday. But this is the BBC. I have no doubt that they'll stick with all 16 episodes airing every weekend post Strictly / Strictly Results even if the ratings drop to well below 1m per episode, which is looking quite likely.

If they did have to resurrect the format, why did it have to be an incredibly long 16 episode run? Not even the proven Race Across the World format runs for that long in any one series.

(30-10-2023, 10:13 PM)WillPS Wrote:  Yeah, ITV would never bring back a reality series that aired for 2 years in the 00s as an ITV2 exlusive. It'd be a sure-fire failure.
very good. but at least ITV owned Love island and it came back slightly reformatted without celebrities. This is a US show which the original version doesn't exactly get a lot of visibility over here.