Survivor

I think if they copy/pasted Aussie format bar keeping smaller cast / less days it would probably be better - tension etc wise.

They've pitched it not right music wise etc and style.

(15-11-2023, 03:53 PM)Keith Wrote:  Does anyone know how Survivor did in the 7 day consolidated ratings? Looking at www.barb.co.uk  for 30th Oct to 5th Nov I can see it didn't make the top 50.

I dare suggest opinions on the show depend a lot on whether you've seen the international versions, or if your only comparison is hazy memories of the ITV series.  What works in one country doesn't automatically work in another if it's simply 'copied & pasted'.  Sometimes it requires tweaking to better suit that country's audience for it to rate better.

I miss the old BARB system where you could see the top 30 per channel, rather than the top 50 across all.
[-] The following 6 users Like Gary Baldy's post:
  • ACTV, Brekkie, Happy2001, Keith, RhysJR, Strange

Looks like they're barely adding anything in the officials - the 5th Nov episode has just 2.1m (think the overnight was 1.8m IIRC). The Sunday before was 2.89m (up from 2.26m in the overnights) - so they've lost half the streaming audience in a week too. The opener came in at 3.16m.

twitter.com 

(Further info from other tweets on that account)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Brekkie's post:
  • Happy2001

It's easy to see why people are giving up. These last 2 episodes were crushingly dull. The music during the 'letters from home' sequence (which was far too long as it was for characters I still don't care about) was particularly awful.

Such a disappointment - clearly the BBC series is DOA but I just hope this hasn't poisoned the well completely for a further UK series at some point.

[Image: signature.jpg]
chatps.com

Just 1.9m last night, beaten by The Masked Singer with 2.8m. Maybe they should of got the guy off that to host it.
[-] The following 3 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • ACTV, AJB39, Happy2001

(21-11-2023, 12:38 AM)Brekkie Wrote:  Just 1.9m last night, beaten by The Masked Singer with 2.8m. Maybe they should of got the guy off that to host it.

The Masked Singer was itself beaten (fractionally) by a repeat of The Antiques Roadshow on BBC Two - 19% share to the latter; 18% for the former. BBC One should have just stuck with The Antiques Roadshow.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Reith85's post:
  • Brekkie

(21-11-2023, 12:48 AM)Reith85 Wrote:  The Masked Singer was itself beaten (fractionally) by a repeat of The Antiques Roadshow on BBC Two - 19% share to the latter; 18% for the former. BBC One should have just stuck with The Antiques Roadshow.

Although The Masked Singer was the top programme in the 8am hour, it was pushed down in the averages because of the 30 minutes that it was up against strictly.

twitter.com 

Both the semi final and the final of Survivor are to be shown the same night, either side of the Strictly final on 16th December.

Clearly the BBC want to bring the show back for another series by bigging up this one and making people think they've missed something.

I really don't think it's going to help to be honest. It's not a good product which needs more eyes (as was the case with The Traitors, for example), it's a poor product which has been overexposed.

Such a shame.

[Image: signature.jpg]
chatps.com
[-] The following 3 users Like WillPS's post:
  • ACTV, bilky asko, Brekkie

I wonder if they originally wanted to schedule it for weekdays but they had to change their plans because of Big Brother. Two episodes airing, one of which is at 6pm, on one evening feels a bit like they didn’t have a plan (with SPOTY presumably airing on the Sunday).

I suspect it won’t be back for a second series, or at least not without some format and structural changes.