Survivor

Survivor seemed extremely padded out tonight - one immunity challenge...the rest of the time was taken up talking about strategy & who's voting for who, and finally the vote.

Could have been a 20 minute job.

I agree. Also, the music mix seemed off to me, I was struggling to hear what some people were saying over the almost constant background music that i'm sure was there to help create some drama, but ended up just taking me out of it completely.
[-] The following 2 users Like rick's post:
  • eyeTV, Juicy Joe

(26-11-2023, 09:59 PM)Juicy Joe Wrote:  Survivor seemed extremely padded out tonight - one immunity challenge...the rest of the time was taken up talking about strategy & who's voting for who, and finally the vote.

Could have been a 20 minute job.

It would never have been commissioned with half the airtime but I do feel if episodes had been a 30 minute edit it might have been a much easier watch.

I noticed that the music on the last episode felt different to the episodes before and more like what I expect from Survivor. I wonder if it went back for a re-edit?

[Image: signature.jpg]
chatps.com

According to an email sent out by StarNow, a second series of Survivor is being cast for:

StarNow email Wrote:BBC One’s Survivor is actively casting for a second series and we are looking for a new wave of fearless castaways and strategic masterminds.

Well this is not a great sign. Applications have been paused and callouts for the second series have gone as well.

www.tvzoneuk.com 

Common sense has prevailed then.

I was very surprised to see it was heading towards a second series. I wonder if Gladiators and The Traitors recent triumphs have cemented Survivor as a failure?

[Image: signature.jpg]
chatps.com
[-] The following 4 users Like WillPS's post:
  • ACTV, bilky asko, Brekkie, Pips2022

I’m guessing they’d rather go for two runs of the Traitors a year or one civilian and a shorter celebrity one?

But splitting the budget of Survivor between Gladiators and Traitors makes sense and you’d imagine they’d be worried about a commercial network bidding for the rights too.

(09-02-2024, 10:18 PM)Jon Wrote:  I’m guessing they’d rather go for two runs of the Traitors a year or one civilian and a shorter celebrity one?

But splitting the budget of Survivor between Gladiators and Traitors makes sense and you’d imagine they’d be worried about a commercial network bidding for the rights too.

There's no chance they'll do two series of The Traitors per year.
[-] The following 1 user Likes XIII's post:
  • UTVLifer