TNT Sports

(18-07-2023, 03:55 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  Craig Doyle remains then but looks like he'll host less frequently.  Looks almost certain he'll become a regular on This Morning.

I was intrigued/confused by the rugby presenter paragraph as well. I think Orla Chennaoui is based in Amsterdam so might not be available all the time. I'm very inrigued that she got top billing, not sure if that's just because she's new.
I'm less certain of this, but I have got the impression from watching some BT rugby coverage that Craig Doyle spends a lot of his time in Ireland so I'm not sure if he travels over to England every week during the season. 

I'm unaware of Orla presenting any rugby before (I'm sure she'll do great though from what I've seen of her cycling coverage!) so my hunch is that her involvment (and that of Rdazi Chinyanganya and to a lesser extent Reshimin Choudhury) is bringing the Eurosport and TNT Sports on air teams closer together to ease the transition to Eurosport's unfortunate demise in the future.

Seeing Ugo Monye step up to do more presenting is a natural step really as he does present games during Champions Cup weekends and did the BBC highlights during the Six Nations. Saying that, I'm not sure why they need two other lead presenters when they already have two great cover presenters to step up in Martin Bayfield and Sarra Elgan. (Incidentally Sarra and Nick Mullins will lead Amazon's civerage of Wales v. England alongside TNT Sports' Sam Warburton and Emily Scarratt per the Prime Video listings).

(18-07-2023, 03:07 PM)thegeek Wrote:  While the press release says it's not exhaustive, Paul Dempsey, Matt Smith and Darrell Currie (veterans of all 10 years of BT Sport) are notable by their absence.

Given what Aaron McLean has tweeted, Matt Smith is staying at TNT Sports to lead the National League coverage. 

twitter.com 

(18-07-2023, 04:23 PM)RhysJR Wrote:  I'm unaware of Orla presenting any rugby before (I'm sure she'll do great though from what I've seen of her cycling coverage!) so my hunch is that her involvment (and that of Rdazi Chinyanganya and to a lesser extent Reshimin Choudhury) is bringing the Eurosport and TNT Sports on air teams closer together to ease the transition to Eurosport's unfortunate demise in the future.
In addition to this, in the video interview on the website, Laura Woods mentions that as well as TNT's Champions League and Boxing coverage, she'll also be working on the Olympics.

Both of today's matches (which have been off-tube, with some glimpses of the TNT Sports score graphics) have started with the 'this is TNT Sports' promo, but there have been programme-specific bumpers into the breaks.

And contrary to what I said earlier, Dempo has popped up as commentator on the second of the two games.

The graphics seem very much an evolution of the BT Sport style - the HT score was still bottom-left, there are still match intros front and centre, and the roadblock promos aren't much different either.

The in-match graphics for both of tonight's games are in the style of the host broadcaster, as it's not part of the central UEFA rights. The North Macedonians' replay wipe was a bit retro...

I'll try to get a few more screengrabs up later, but first, here's a snappy endcap:
[Image: tnt1.jpg]
[-] The following 4 users Like thegeek's post:
  • bkman1990, JustJamie, RhysJR, Transmission

I don’t know I don’t really like the name TNT it’s means nothing to us Brits.
[-] The following 2 users Like harshy's post:
  • Brekkie, fanoftv

(18-07-2023, 06:18 PM)harshy Wrote:  I don’t know I don’t really like the name TNT it’s means nothing to us Brits.
Let me go back in time: Back in the 1990's (specifically dating back 1993), TNT was used as a part time service for classic movies, in the late 1990's, when TCM launched (which the UK version was recently closed down), TNT became a part time entertainment station, but it didn't last long.
[-] The following 2 users Like JamieMurph25's post:
  • harshy, JustJamie

(18-07-2023, 06:18 PM)harshy Wrote:  I don’t know I don’t really like the name TNT it’s means nothing to us Brits.

The only recollection I have of the TNT brand is of Cartoon Network closing at about 7pm and TNT would start straight after showing classic movies. This would be in about 1995 when I first had access to Sky TV in the old analogue satellite days. I used to love watching the CN closedown and the start-up of TNT...yes, I've always been a pres geek!
[-] The following 3 users Like itsrobert's post:
  • harshy, JustJamie, Roger Darthwell

A few more grabs of the graphics. (The top left score bug is from the host broadcaster.)

[Image: roadblock.jpg]

[Image: ipp.jpg]

[Image: htscore.jpg]

[Image: bumper1.jpg]

[Image: bumper2.jpg]
[-] The following 4 users Like thegeek's post:
  • bkman1990, harshy, Medianext.MX, RhysJR

(18-07-2023, 06:24 PM)JamieMurph25 Wrote:  Let me go back in time: Back in the 1990's (specifically dating back 1993), TNT was used as a part time service for classic movies, in the late 1990's, when TCM launched (which the UK version was recently closed down), TNT became a part time entertainment station, but it didn't last long.

Oh, the good ol' days of the Cartoon Network/TNT handover.
[-] The following 1 user Likes JustJamie's post:
  • Stuart

I must admit the graphics / titles, etc. TNT Sports are using from launch are growing on me. I like them.