TNT Sports

(12-08-2023, 08:54 PM)Rdd Wrote:  I only dipped in to TNT’s debut FAPL fixture - anything notable in the way of changes from BT?

Much was the same as before (I do like the new graphics, though) but having McCoist in the commentary box does freshen things up somewhat.

Also they've gone back to something BT tried a few different versions of with the first 30 minutes of the programme at 11:00 being 'Early Kick-Off' with Jules Breach, who is the pitchside reporter during the game, which was a more relaxed 'behind the scenes of the stadium' kind of build-up before handing over to Lynsey at 11:30. There was also a 15 minute 'Extra Time' segment scheduled after the game at 15:00 but I didn't get to see what that was like. Indeed, I didn't see whether that even happened or not as there was a 30 minute delay to kick-off, which they presenters and pundits did a good job of filling.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Transmission's post:
  • Medianext.MX

(12-08-2023, 08:54 PM)Rdd Wrote:  I only dipped in to TNT’s debut FAPL fixture - anything notable in the way of changes from BT?

Much was the same as before (I do like the new graphics, though) but having McCoist in the commentary box does freshen things up somewhat.

Also they've gone back to something BT tried a few different versions of with the first 30 minutes of the programme at 11:00 being 'Early Kick-Off' with Jules Breach, who is the pitchside reporter during the game, which was a more relaxed 'behind the scenes of the stadium' kind of build-up before handing over to Lynsey at 11:30. 

There was also a 15 minute 'Extra Time' segment scheduled after the game at 15:00 but I didn't get to see what that was like. Indeed, I didn't see whether that even happened or not as there was a 30 minute delay to kick-off, which they presenters and pundits did a good job of filling.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Transmission's post:
  • Rdd

(12-08-2023, 07:02 PM)London Lite Wrote:  I'm really not keen on the new scoreboard graphics for the EPL.

[Image: 08_12%20-%2011_00_01%20-%20Live%20Premie...04_094.jpg]
It’s better then Premier League Productions effort, that really is hideous and over the top.
[-] The following 2 users Like harshy's post:
  • bkman1990, Ste

Are TNT Sports using the virtual Champions League studio for their coverage of The UEFA Super Cup?

No they are presenting on-site tonight.
[-] The following 1 user Likes TMD_24's post:
  • bkman1990

Was there any studio coverage last weekend / planned in future around the Italian football on Sunday evenings? With the other programme cuts, I wouldn't be surprised if it was cut, though it would be a terrible shame if James Richardson didn't have a regular gig on British TV anymore, and it was a fantastic programme when I was able to see it.

There wasn't any, and I'm not aware of any being planned.

The UCL Goals Show will be back – I assume with AC Jimbo – though somewhat hidden away on TNT Sports 5. When BT Sport launched it, the original plan was to put it on the (BT TV-only) BT Sport Extra 7, but they put the first one on BT Sport 1, discovered it was quite popular, and there it remained. Extra 7 was, as far as I know, never actually used in anger.
[-] The following 1 user Likes thegeek's post:
  • RhysJR

That’s a pity, basically lost to those watching on platforms that don’t carry the red button channels.

(25-08-2023, 06:15 PM)Rdd Wrote:  That’s a pity, basically lost to those watching on platforms that don’t carry the red button channels.

The red button channels are available on Sky, Virgin, BT TV and Discovery+ so I think that should cover most viewers.

Glad the Goals Show will be continuing in some form, it's my favourite way to watch the Champions League group stage and I was a little worried when I saw it wasn't in the schedules for the main TNT channels.

Incidentally something that might not be too well known is that on the final two weekends of the Ligue 1 season when all games have been played simultaneously, BT Sport has been showing a 'Goals Show' type format on the red button provided by the league's world feed.

In Ireland it’s only Sky that has them, as far as I know - they’re definitely not on Now and I’m pretty sure Virgin (Ireland) and Vodafone don’t have them either. (No TNT on Discovery+ in Ireland at all, presumably due to the exclusive wholesale deal with Sky).
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rdd's post:
  • Transmission