TNT Sports

We have a first look at the Champions League green screen studio right now with PSV V Rangers. It looks better executed that the one used in the boxing last month.

Yeah, didn't look too bad, the Champions League studio. Some similarities with some of the BBC's ones in recent years with a virtual stadium in the background. While it doesn't compare with the size of Stratford Studio 1, at least there's a bit of space in the green screen studio compared with the 'Cube', with a big desk and a standing position.

Good to see that James Richardson will be hosting this afternoon's Champions League Draw coverage.

He's quite well camouflaged on that sofa

twitter.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes thegeek's post:
  • Transmission

Are TNT Sports taking the feed directly from Bally Sports or is it case that there's no clean feed?

They seem to be quite happy to show all the in game adverts such as Ford and Advant Health amongst others without even trying to blur them out. They let the American commercials play out for a good few seconds as well before hastily cutting away.

twitter.com 

Kind of unbeleivable they closed the BT Sport center to go to run the channel out of a car park.

Renting an OB truck was cheaper I guess... somehow
[-] The following 1 user Likes aaron_scotland's post:
  • Roger Darthwell

Good to see the return of the Champions League Goal Show tonight. Worth noting its graphics remain unchanged and still include the BT Sport fonts, in addition to the standard Champions League branding.

I didn’t catch much of it, but the Newcastle match earlier was broadcast from one of the new studios [in that sense], and it is certainly a lot smaller and more closed than the old BT Sport studios that were used to on Champions League nights.

It’s a pity those of us with no red button access can’t watch it though. Oh well.

(16-09-2023, 03:42 PM)aaron_scotland Wrote:  twitter.com 

Kind of unbeleivable they closed the BT Sport center to go to run the channel out of a car park.

Renting an OB truck was cheaper I guess... somehow

As the post says, it's a temporary arrangement: the lead times on some equipment is so long that while the studios are ready (and in use), the galleries aren't - so this is what they're using in the interim.

(19-09-2023, 08:39 PM)nwtv2003 Wrote:  Good to see the return of the Champions League Goal Show tonight. Worth noting its graphics remain unchanged and still include the BT Sport fonts, in addition to the standard Champions League branding.

I didn’t catch much of it, but the Newcastle match earlier was broadcast from one of the new studios [in that sense], and it is certainly a lot smaller and more closed than the old BT Sport studios that were used to on Champions League nights.

It's all UEFA's typography:
[Image: 9e77578f-587d-4055-84a4-b3a1893c322d.jpg]

here are a few grabs of the studios:
[Image: ucl1.jpg]
[Image: ucl2.jpg]
[Image: ucl3.jpg]

[Image: gs1.jpg]
[Image: gs2.jpg]
[Image: gs3.jpg]
[-] The following 4 users Like thegeek's post:
  • Joe, Luc, News Engineer, RhysJR

A decent VR effort but so obviously fake compared to what was there before.

I assume these only go out in the UK as "Road to London 24" seems a strange caption for an audience that would refer to the final being at Wembley rather than in London.