TNT Sports

(20-09-2023, 07:41 AM)Brekkie Wrote:  A decent VR effort but so obviously fake compared to what was there before.

I assume these only go out in the UK as "Road to London 24" seems a strange caption for an audience that would refer to the final being at Wembley rather than in London.

I think TNTS coverage also goes out on Supersport South Africa and New Zealand’s VOD service.
[-] The following 2 users Like harshy's post:
  • Brekkie, Ste

the 'London 24' branding is UEFA's: twitter.com 

TNT Sport's coverage is still going out on Supersport in SA, but Spark Sport in NZ (who took BT Sport's presentation) are no more. It looks like BeIN have taken the rights there.
[-] The following 2 users Like thegeek's post:
  • harshy, Ste

An interesting by-product of WBD acquiring TNT Sports here with TNT Sports personalities appearing in this CNN feature (of course another WBD subsidiary).

twitter.com 

Based on my previous use of Discovery+, I'm surprised I haven't come across more complaints like the below. The BT Sport app fully shut down last week, so Discovery+ is the only streaming option for TNT Sports now.

twitter.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes RhysJR's post:
  • Brekkie

Having now had a few months to become used to TNT Sports as the continuation of BT Sport, it's a little strange watching the NBA coverage from the US and seeing that now-familiar logo everywhere.

twitter.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes Transmission's post:
  • interestednovice

I still got some bt sport channels here, they are the old mosaic channels I presume are not in use.

I think this has been going on for a couple of weeks now - but TNT's post-match coverage of their 1230 Saturday KO is simulcast from 1445 on TNT Sports 2, throws to the rugby OB on both, then after introducing the rugby, the football continues on 2.

It's a bit scrappy, but I can't really think a neater way for them to do it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes thegeek's post:
  • interestednovice

Both studios in use today at Stockley Park today, for the cricket and the rugby:

up.metropol247.co.uk 
Web Image

up.metropol247.co.uk 
Web Image

up.metropol247.co.uk 
Web Image

up.metropol247.co.uk 
Web Image

up.metropol247.co.uk 
Web Image

up.metropol247.co.uk 
Web Image

[-] The following 5 users Like thegeek's post:
  • bkman1990, interestednovice, News Engineer, RhysJR, Stuart

I only spotted this because the two green screen studios are in use for UCL this evening, but the cricket is being presented in the Cube - the giveaway being the moiré pattern on the background in closeups.

Having checked back, Saturday's was too - given I didn't spot it at the time, it shows they've come pretty far since the atrocious Box Office set they used in the summer: pres.cafe 

Putting the presenters' chairs on a dais has certainly helped, as has sharing the same virtual world as the other studios. Not really a fan of the virtual Christmas trees they've added this week though!
[-] The following 1 user Likes thegeek's post:
  • RhysJR

And here's the tree.
up.metropol247.co.uk 
Web Image

Looking even more closely, I think they may not be on a dais after all - the purple floor looks like it's a mat on top of the LED floor - but you can see the edges of the LED tiles on the white platform, which is entirely virtual.

I'm still not buying the whole virtual set they've got, but the way they're using the Cube is very clever.

Not quite as convinced by the demo set, however:
up.metropol247.co.uk 
Web Image