ITV Telethon - 35 years on

Staying with the '90 telethon, apparently ITN also chipped in with a skit as well, firing up the ITV National Weather graphics:
youtu.be 

Watch this space...
WestKnightTV - on DeviantArt
[-] The following 1 user Likes W. Knight's post:
  • Roger Darthwell

(30-07-2023, 05:18 PM)W. Knight Wrote:  Staying with the '90 telethon, apparently ITN also chipped in with a skit as well, firing up the ITV National Weather graphics:
youtu.be 

Whatever happened to Alex Hill?

(01-08-2023, 08:38 PM)Humphrey Hacker Wrote:  Whatever happened to Alex Hill?
I think he worked for the Met Office, and continued to do so after his presenting stint ended. I remember him being interviewed as part of a news item a few years after during a spell of bad weather.

(01-08-2023, 09:32 PM)Spencer Wrote:  I think he worked for the Met Office, and continued to do so after his presenting stint ended. I remember him being interviewed as part of a news item a few years after during a spell of bad weather.

Ah right Thanks.

During its broadcast hours, 0600-0925, was there anything to stop TVam broadcasting from the main telethon studio?

By coincidence after reading this thread, I went into the People's History Museum in Manchester yesterday and their disability exhibition has a bit about the Telethon protests and how it did actually help bring together quite a solid disability protest movement going forward. So at least something positive came out of all the anger! I didn't realise they also protested Children in Need in the early 90s too for the same reasons.

This Coronation St Telethon scene just came up on YouTube. The product placement at the end from Heineken is quite something, and a bit weird. I'm guessing that bit was live given how late she walks in and how they seem to cut them off. Maybe they were doing other bits in the Rovers with the actors throughout the show given that he calls her by her actual name Jean.

youtu.be 

(02-08-2023, 10:18 AM)robertclark125 Wrote:  During its broadcast hours, 0600-0925, was there anything to stop TVam broadcasting from the main telethon studio?
It sounds like it did between those hours.

Not sure what you mean by TVam broadcasting from it? Do you mean their presenters presenting from the studio?

I can't see that there'd be anything to stop anything happening in those hours as long as all parties agreed to it
[-] The following 1 user Likes Stooky Bill's post:
  • Bluecortina

And presumably TV-am were prepared to pay to staff the studio

(02-08-2023, 01:21 PM)Steve in Pudsey Wrote:  And presumably TV-am were prepared to pay to staff the studio
It probably wouldn't work like that, it being for charity and everything. 

As I say it depends what is meant by TVam in the Telethon studio, and what the point of that would be

(02-08-2023, 12:00 PM)gottago Wrote:  By coincidence after reading this thread, I went into the People's History Museum in Manchester yesterday and their disability exhibition has a bit about the Telethon protests and how it did actually help bring together quite a solid disability protest movement going forward. So at least something positive came out of all the anger! I didn't realise they also protested Children in Need in the early 90s too for the same reasons.

This Coronation St Telethon scene just came up on YouTube. The product placement at the end from Heineken is quite something, and a bit weird. I'm guessing that bit was live given how late she walks in and how they seem to cut them off. Maybe they were doing other bits in the Rovers with the actors throughout the show given that he calls her by her actual name Jean.

youtu.be 

That reminds me of the live EastEnders where, asking about Ian, someone asks "How's Adam?". Adam Woodyatt being the actor who played Ian Beale. The perils of live TV!