BBC 100th Anniversary

Will the idents be alongside the regular channel idents or replacing them for a bit?

(17-10-2022, 10:48 PM)cylon6 Wrote:  Will the idents be alongside the regular channel idents or replacing them for a bit?

The special idents will be replacing the normal set for the next 10 or so days, with the exception of the news. The normal package will be used for the likes of Breakfast, 1, 6 & 10. And then after, it'll be mix.

(17-10-2022, 05:23 PM)ScottishTVGuy Wrote:  New BBC Centenary idents begin airing tomorrow until Friday the 18th of November.
First one shown on BBC1 will be 10am, into Crimewatch Live.

I should point out the first airing of the idents will be on BBC2 at 6:20am going into Bargain Hunt.

Also for anyone interested the ident names are:

Hugs
Dance
Kids
Quiet Joy
Sport
[-] The following 2 users Like ScottishTVGuy's post:
  • BBCChameleonFan, cylon6

(17-10-2022, 11:25 PM)ScottishTVGuy Wrote:  
(17-10-2022, 10:48 PM)cylon6 Wrote:  Will the idents be alongside the regular channel idents or replacing them for a bit?

The special idents will be replacing the normal set for the next 10 or so days, with the exception of the news. The normal package will be used for the likes of Breakfast, 1, 6 & 10. And then after, it'll be mix.

That's exciting!

Thanks for the heads up! Recorder ready!  Big Grin

(17-10-2022, 11:41 PM)ScottishTVGuy Wrote:  
(17-10-2022, 05:23 PM)ScottishTVGuy Wrote:  New BBC Centenary idents begin airing tomorrow until Friday the 18th of November.
First one shown on BBC1 will be 10am, into Crimewatch Live.

I should point out the first airing of the idents will be on BBC2 at 6:20am going into Bargain Hunt.

Also for anyone interested the ident names are:

Hugs
Dance
Kids
Quiet Joy
Sport

Sounds nice, but I wish the idents were more like a throwback to the previous 100 years of the BBC, showing all previous shows and characters.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BBCChameleonFan's post:
  • UTVLifer

So, no channel branding on the idents.

BBC Two's first broadcast

tvhome.co.uk 

[Image: tig96x96.png]

Not great is it. Compare this with the effort made for the “Where Next?” promo
[-] The following 2 users Like thomalex's post:
  • Ma76, Roger Darthwell

Think the ‘100 YEARS OF OUR BBC’ could at least turn into a ‘TWO’ so you’d know which channel you were on, and maybe also keep the channel colour as the background.

Volunteering. It's #GoodForYou!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Moz's post:
  • Ma76

(18-10-2022, 06:34 AM)thomalex Wrote:  Not great is it. Compare this with the effort made for the “Where Next?” promo

That wasn't an ident though, the comparison is wrong. They've had some corporate promotions recently which are just as good and took just as much 'effort'

It's nice and simple, I like it. The 100 logo is a nice use of the new branding
[-] The following 1 user Likes Stooky Bill's post:
  • Ma76

(18-10-2022, 08:08 AM)Stooky Bill Wrote:  
(18-10-2022, 06:34 AM)thomalex Wrote:  Not great is it. Compare this with the effort made for the “Where Next?” promo

That wasn't an ident though, the comparison is wrong. They've had some corporate promotions recently which are just as good and took just as much 'effort'

It's nice and simple, I like it. The 100 logo is a nice use of the new branding

Agreed. This may seem simple, but it is really effective. It's like a catalogue of history. 

Also, happy birthday to the BBC, 100 years to the day of it's founding.
[-] The following 2 users Like Radiounion's post:
  • Ma76, thePineapple