BBC 100th Anniversary

I think the idents are great. Simple and effective. BBC presentation in general has really stepped up a gear since the logo change.
[-] The following 1 user Likes all new phil's post:
  • markhamblett

Are they doing anything on radio? I’d have thought the sonic identity would work well there.

Volunteering. It's #GoodForYou!

Looks good. Would have been lovely if each animation had started with a quick snippet of relevant channel branding through the ages too.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jonny's post:
  • Ma76

(17-10-2022, 11:41 PM)ScottishTVGuy Wrote:  
(17-10-2022, 05:23 PM)ScottishTVGuy Wrote:  New BBC Centenary idents begin airing tomorrow until Friday the 18th of November.
First one shown on BBC1 will be 10am, into Crimewatch Live.

I should point out the first airing of the idents will be on BBC2 at 6:20am going into Bargain Hunt.

Also for anyone interested the ident names are:

Hugs
Dance
Kids
Quiet Joy
Sport
I wonder what will feature in the Kids one?

Happy 100th to the BBC!

These idents look great IMO, though it could be better if they featured past logos from the last 100 years - would be a delight for pres fans like us to see!
[-] The following 1 user Likes TVenthusiasm's post:
  • Ma76

So the BBC 100 idents aren't being shown on BBC THREE. Are they afraid that the mention of the BBC being 100 years old may alienate the younger target audience? An odd decision as RuPaul's Drag Race seems to be quite prominent in one of them.

[Image: tig96x96.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Andrew Wood's post:
  • Roger Darthwell

(18-10-2022, 07:58 PM)Andrew Wood Wrote:  So the BBC 100 idents aren't being shown on BBC THREE. Are they afraid that the mention of the BBC being 100 years old may alienate the younger target audience? An odd decision as RuPaul's Drag Race seems to be quite prominent in one of them.

I checked BBC Scotland and Alba earlier and they are using normal idents too. But the special idents were used on Four

It seems BBC One Scotland isn't use them all the time, twice this evening they used the normal idents at 7pm and 9pm.

Surly BBC Scotland on one, would love to use those idents for local programmes aswell...

I wish they'd have used a different background rather than the black. They remind me too much of the Oneness lockdown idents.
[-] The following 2 users Like Steve in Pudsey's post:
  • DJ Dave, JAS84

So far these BBC 100 idents are lacking nods to the past before the 90s. They're a bit dull.
[-] The following 2 users Like cylon6's post:
  • Milkshake, thomalex