BBC 100th Anniversary

(19-10-2022, 12:13 AM)Steve in Pudsey Wrote:  I wish they'd have used a different background rather than the black. They remind me too much of the Oneness lockdown idents.

Well, yes. It would be nice if a gradient background was used, but slightly darker, so the 100 logo doesn’t blend in for the first second of the ident.

(19-10-2022, 03:27 AM)cylon6 Wrote:  So far these BBC 100 idents are lacking nods to the past before the 90s. They're a bit dull.

They just remind me of the covid idents.
[-] The following 2 users Like Milkshake's post:
  • Roger Darthwell, UTVLifer

This weekend on Strictly, the dances will all be to BBC-related music. Honestly if someone doesn’t do a paso doble to the Question Time music I might put my foot through the tv and send David Attenborough the bill.
[-] The following 3 users Like all new phil's post:
  • AJB39, Ant, Ma76

(19-10-2022, 03:27 AM)cylon6 Wrote:  So far these BBC 100 idents are lacking nods to the past before the 90s. They're a bit dull.

I don't like them at all. The black background just looks really bad and having several video clips in each of the numbers makes it look very messy.

Was hoping for something suitably grand like the BBC Millennium ident.

youtu.be 

[Image: 1592580878_1869298444.svg]
[-] The following 2 users Like VMPhil's post:
  • Ma76, Roger Darthwell

(20-10-2022, 11:44 AM)VMPhil Wrote:  

I don't like them at all. The black background just looks really bad and having several video clips in each of the numbers makes it look very messy.

Was hoping for something suitably grand like the BBC Millennium ident.

youtu.be 
Kinda disagree. The fluidity of the 100 reminds me of a library of video, and the black background makes this more premium. 

Also, I may be wrong, but the limited animation and use of the black background reminds me of the more simpler idents from the Beeb, such as COW and TWO.

TWO? That was white. It's predecessor, ==2==, better fits the bill.

If you've ever wanted to lie motionless as a patient on Casualty, now is your chance:
twitter.com 

What does that say about a channel if it scares fish? Just talk me through that.

Normal idents being shown before CBeebies and CBBC programmes on BBC Two this morning.

I like them, very simple. One would assume the black background is to make the colours stand out more. That is how the branding is being used elsewhere in merchandise and such.

This is a pretty good watch!

www.bbc.co.uk 
[-] The following 4 users Like W1ll's post:
  • ConorM98, Happy2001, JamieD, Ma76