BBC 100th Anniversary

(19-10-2022, 04:45 PM)Milkshake Wrote:  
(19-10-2022, 03:27 AM)cylon6 Wrote:  So far these BBC 100 idents are lacking nods to the past before the 90s. They're a bit dull.

They just remind me of the covid idents.

Yes, they are boring, All they needed to do was put the 100 logo underneath the Channel name on normal idents.

(28-10-2022, 08:05 PM)SteveRW Wrote:  
(19-10-2022, 04:45 PM)Milkshake Wrote:  They just remind me of the covid idents.

Yes, they are boring, All they needed to do was put the 100 logo underneath the Channel name on normal idents.

Ummm...

Volunteering. It's #GoodForYou!

(28-10-2022, 09:07 PM)Moz Wrote:  
(28-10-2022, 08:05 PM)SteveRW Wrote:  Yes, they are boring, All they needed to do was put the 100 logo underneath the Channel name on normal idents.

Ummm...

Yeah, it doesn't work like that - maybe the BBC blocks could've morphed into the 100 icon and back, but I don't think that would've been big enough for them

I agree with what others are saying, the idents are pretty dull, far too reminiscent of the covid idents, and seem pretty heavily skewed towards recent years. They could have been much grander for such a major anniversary rather than some small brief clips you can barely make out
[-] The following 5 users Like Andrew's post:
  • Asa, cylon6, Roger Darthwell, UTVLifer, VMPhil

(28-10-2022, 09:34 PM)Lyric Wrote:  
(28-10-2022, 09:07 PM)Moz Wrote:  Ummm...

Yeah, it doesn't work like that - maybe the BBC blocks could've morphed into the 100 icon and back, but I don't think that would've been big enough for them

They did it for the BBC's 60th Anniversary quite effectively.
www.youtube.com 

It doesn't look like it's been discussed on here, so I just wanted to let everyone know about the brilliant BBC Two documentary series How the BBC Began, which is in two parts running 90 minutes long. The continuity announcer before the first programme mentioned the series has been in development for eight years - which means a lot of contributors that are unfortunately no longer with us, and intriguingly a 2018 copyright date.

www.bbc.co.uk 

[Image: 1592580878_1869298444.svg]
[-] The following 4 users Like VMPhil's post:
  • Blubatt, Happy2001, Ma76, Stuart

(30-10-2022, 05:09 PM)VMPhil Wrote:  It doesn't look like it's been discussed on here, so I just wanted to let everyone know about the brilliant BBC Two documentary series How the BBC Began, which is in two parts running 90 minutes long. The continuity announcer before the first programme mentioned the series has been in development for eight years - which means a lot of contributors that are unfortunately no longer with us, and intriguingly a 2018 copyright date.

www.bbc.co.uk 

The fact it has taken 8 years to develop a 180 Minute (as a whole) piece on the entire history of the BBC up to that point is actually impressive, when you consider it is 100 years worth of history

[Image: SAD%20BLU2.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Blubatt's post:
  • Prj66

Very, very late seeing this, but here's Aardman's celebration video, featuring their past projects with the Beeb:
youtu.be 

Watch this space...
WestKnightTV - on DeviantArt
[-] The following 1 user Likes W. Knight's post:
  • UTVLifer

Well, well, well!

They have put in clips from programmes most people will have seen, made before the 21st century and used clips from black & white TV!

tvhome.co.uk 
[-] The following 2 users Like cylon6's post:
  • fanoftv, Happy2001

Finally! Someone got the memo, that's a bit more like it.

(The link is now tvhome.co.uk  )

They have a ridiculously huge back catalogue to choose from so I'm glad they've realised it. There was such scope for these though - they could have had a pure Saturday night one, a comedy one, even ones promoting tech like BBC Micro, Ceefax, BBC Online. Clips that would immediately provoke some reminiscing or emotion. Maybe even throw in some radio DJs, after all they were celebrating 100 years of the BBC, not TV.

Just seems like a missed opportunity (and that's before the mixed opinions on whether the ident design itself is any good).
[-] The following 8 users Like Asa's post:
  • Andrew Wood, Clean Feed, cylon6, Happy2001, Mixdown, RDJ, Spencer, UTVLifer