BBC 100th Anniversary

(12-11-2022, 10:10 PM)Asa Wrote:  They have a ridiculously huge back catalogue to choose from so I'm glad they've realised it. There was such scope for these though - they could have had a pure Saturday night one, a comedy one, even ones promoting tech like BBC Micro, Ceefax, BBC Online. Clips that would immediately provoke some reminiscing or emotion. Maybe even throw in some radio DJs, after all they were celebrating 100 years of the BBC, not TV.

Just seems like a missed opportunity (and that's before the mixed opinions on whether the ident design itself is any good).
A missed opportunity indeed. Idents that supposedly celebrate 100 Years, limited to imagery from the last few decades. All very disappointing.

However, good to see at least some attempt to rectify the situation.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Clean Feed's post:
  • cylon6

There's an updated Hugs. Sherlock and Absolutely Fabulous have been added.

tvhome.co.uk 
[-] The following 1 user Likes cylon6's post:
  • Happy2001

I'm afraid that's a just a longer playout - not a new ident. However, there was a playout of a second sport ident this morning.

tvhome.co.uk 

[Image: tig96x96.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Andrew Wood's post:
  • Happy2001

My wife thinks the graphics strap should say ‘100 years of your BBC’ because ‘we’ fund it.
[-] The following 3 users Like Bluecortina's post:
  • cylon6, Si-Co, VMPhil

(13-11-2022, 02:53 PM)Bluecortina Wrote:  My wife thinks the graphics strap should say ‘100 years of your BBC’ because ‘we’ fund it.

Your wife makes a very good point!  Big Grin

(13-11-2022, 03:15 PM)cylon6 Wrote:  
(13-11-2022, 02:53 PM)Bluecortina Wrote:  My wife thinks the graphics strap should say ‘100 years of your BBC’ because ‘we’ fund it.

Your wife makes a very good point!  Big Grin
I suspect — and I should clarify I’ve not been close to the discussions about the strap-line — that the aim is to move away from the ‘you said, we did’ type culture and instead focus on a sense of partnership and ‘our’ collective endeavour. Minor point but I think it’s important in how the BBC is currently pitching itself as close to its audiences in a genuinely unique way

(12-11-2022, 10:23 PM)Clean Feed Wrote:  
(12-11-2022, 10:10 PM)Asa Wrote:  They have a ridiculously huge back catalogue to choose from so I'm glad they've realised it. There was such scope for these though - they could have had a pure Saturday night one, a comedy one, even ones promoting tech like BBC Micro, Ceefax, BBC Online. Clips that would immediately provoke some reminiscing or emotion. Maybe even throw in some radio DJs, after all they were celebrating 100 years of the BBC, not TV.

Just seems like a missed opportunity (and that's before the mixed opinions on whether the ident design itself is any good).
A missed opportunity indeed. Idents that supposedly celebrate 100 Years, limited to imagery from the last few decades. All very disappointing.

However, good to see at least some attempt to rectify the situation.

Though it would never have happened - the marketing bods would have thrown a wobbler - I would have loved the BBC to instead have brought back the old idents for this, much like BBC NI did back in 2014 (for 90 years of the BBC there). They could have even used the 100 window as an intro to the old idents.
[-] The following 2 users Like Kojak's post:
  • Mixdown, Roger Darthwell

So is this real?

twitter.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes thomalex's post:
  • Si-Co

(16-11-2022, 06:47 PM)thomalex Wrote:  So is this real?

twitter.com 
Unfortunately not. Pretty good for a recreation though.

This is what it originally was:
BBC One - 100 Years - Quiet Joy 2 (tvhome.co.uk)

Still though, the BBC should've had an ident like that.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Allanbuzzy's post:
  • Roger Darthwell

Blimey, that nearly had me fooled.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Larry the Loafer's post:
  • PATV Scunthorpe