Strictly - 2023

I think they get them just before every show - that's why everyone turns up looking orange.
[-] The following 3 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • bilky asko, Keith, Nobby

The arrival time for the studio audience at Strictly is very early - 3pm for ticket validation with the show not starting until around three and a half hours later - this early arrival ensures they can weed out any infiltrators and ensure the studio is safe and secure before the live transmission.

That's not too bad for a 6.30ish start, especially if some elements are recorded before going live such as the guest slot in the Sunday show and any pro-number not pre-recorded pre-series.

I’ll always remember my very first TV audience experience, which happened to be The Million Pound Drop Live

Doors closed around 6pm and then every audience member subject to full airport style security checks including handing in all items until after the show and a body pat down (although shoes could remain on Wink)

They were quite clear that the million quid cash was real and not just prop money!

Most other TV audiences fairly laid back and allowed personal items and phones in the studio but constant reminders from warm up to keep them turned off during the recording (but they’re generally happy of you to take a few pictures of the set or whatever before they get going), although MediaCity seem to have a standard security scan using their staff for every production these days

The Cube wins bonus points for providing every audience member with a small bottle of orange juice and Tunnock Caramel Wafer Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like Johnr's post:
  • Gary Baldy, RhysJR

Didn't The Cube take hours to film though with all the resets required for each game. One advantage of going to see a live show is you know it has to be done by the finish time.

(22-10-2023, 04:43 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  That's not too bad for a 6.30ish start, especially if some elements are recorded before going live such as the guest slot in the Sunday show and any pro-number not pre-recorded pre-series.

I have had a few friends who have been to Strictly including this year, and they told me they arrived at Elstree Studios at around 3pm. They had a time issued on their ticket of when their ticket needed to be validated which was 3.30pm and then there is a bit of a wait before they get into George Lucas Stage 2. 

Due to the size of the set, and the first come, first served basis, means you don't get a choice of where you want to sit - they fill the main studio floor first, and then the rest in the balcony area which takes time. 

I remember she said the set looks very different to what we see on air - it feels smaller than what we think we see on TV 

She said 5.00pm is when they start to kick things off, with warm up, introductions, explaining the show including explaining the results show also being recorded, and also a lot of pleading not to reveal the results - of course this is a waste of time, as Strictly Spoiler always gets the results by 11pm each Saturday. 

After the live show, there is a short break, to go to the toilet, and then be seated as 9.30pm is the time they start to record the results show. 

She said they got out of the studio around 11pm and this meant ordering a taxi - quite expensive at 11pm at night.
[-] The following 2 users Like JMT1985's post:
  • DeMarkay, UTVLifer

How do they function when a contestant drops out? Do they have a week where everyone gets a “by”?

(23-10-2023, 04:56 PM)JamesWorldNews Wrote:  How do they function when a contestant drops out? Do they have a week where everyone gets a “by”?

Tess mentioned that on Saturday's show - Amanda has been given a one week "by" - and if she doesn't return next week she will be out of the show

(23-10-2023, 04:56 PM)JamesWorldNews Wrote:  How do they function when a contestant drops out? Do they have a week where everyone gets a “by”?
Also, if a contestant leaves fully, no there is no week where everyone gets a "by " - they simply have three left in the final instead of four which is what happened a few years ago if I remember correctly

twitter.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes IanJRedman's post:
  • TJTSW

(23-10-2023, 04:58 PM)JMT1985 Wrote:  Tess mentioned that on Saturday's show - Amanda has been given a one week "by" - and if she doesn't return next week she will be out of the show

Also, if a contestant leaves fully, no there is no week where everyone gets a "by " - they simply have three left in the final instead of four which is what happened a few years ago if I remember correctly
It’s happened a few times- 2016, 2019, and 2021