Strictly - 2023

I'm at 8.5/12 (With Zara McDermott the name is familar but not her work).

I’ve noticed they seem to have a checklist where they pick at least one person from each category every year

- Someone from EastEnders
- Someone from Casualty or Holby (or now Waterloo Road)
- Someone from Breakfast or Daytime or a daily magazine
- Someone from Radio, often BBC radio
- Someone from Sport (Olympic years in particular)
- Someone from Kids TV
- Someone previously from an ITV show, like their soaps
- An older legend type figure
- A musician
- An actor
- A younger social media type star
[-] The following 1 user Likes Andrew's post:
  • Lester

(09-08-2023, 02:53 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  I'm at 8.5/12 (With Zara McDermott the name is familar but not her work).

I'm at a similar ratio -  Eddie, Nikita and Ellie are new names to me; some of the other names arw familiar but I probably really only 'know' Angela, Angela and Krishnan at this stage. Similar to most series if I'm honest!
[-] The following 1 user Likes PJamo's post:
  • Brekkie

Surprised no-one recognised the Love Island star that has been announced...

twitter.com 
[-] The following 3 users Like RhysJR's post:
  • AJB39, fanoftv, Happy2001

That was an interesting series of Love island 🤣
[-] The following 1 user Likes James2001's post:
  • AJB39

Now everyone wants that! I wonder how much it would cost ITV to make that happen?

Former Interceptor presenter Annabel Croft has joined the line up.
[-] The following 3 users Like Jon's post:
  • Juicy Joe, Nobby, TVFan

(10-08-2023, 10:31 AM)Jon Wrote:  Former Interceptor presenter Annabel Croft has joined the line up.
I wonder of this is Annabel trying to raise her profile within the BBC after being overlooked for Sue Barker’s job

From a technical perspective, I wish Strictly would get a revamp. With a few tweaks, it has looked largely the same since 2010 and whilst that gave it new life then, it wore off around 2018 or so.

A lot of versions around the world have more impressive sets and I wonder if Strictly could adopt that. The show in Australia uses a smaller stage than Strictly does at Elstree yet it looks bigger on camera.

I also think they need a new Executive Producer, I don't think the person running it at the moment has a clue.

(10-08-2023, 10:31 AM)Jon Wrote:  Former Interceptor presenter Annabel Croft has joined the line up.
Also a former tennis player, so that's a second sportsperson.