Strictly - 2023

I hope they have a nice little nod to Len Goodman in the launch show.

(10-08-2023, 01:28 PM)GlasgowCruiser Wrote:  I also think they need a new Executive Producer, I don't think the person running it at the moment has a clue.

But those in the industry can do no wrong...

(10-08-2023, 11:55 AM)Andrew Wrote:  I wonder of this is Annabel trying to raise her profile within the BBC after being overlooked for Sue Barker’s job
I don't think she was ever a contender and she ended up doing the finalist interviews anyway.

Suspect it's more a case that after her husbands death earlier in the year she wants a bit of joy in her life.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Brekkie's post:
  • cando

I wasn't going to mention it because I assumed it would be corrected quicker than I could post about it here but the article still has Interceptor spelled as Inceptor 10 hours later. It makes you wonder if this would have happened if Huw Edwards was still at BBC News.

As for Croft's motivation, you have to assume she is hoping for a second series of Interceptor out of this. I assume it would now be called Daughter of Interceptor and be on BBC One.
[-] The following 2 users Like Nobby's post:
  • bilky asko, Jon

(10-08-2023, 08:21 PM)Nobby Wrote:  I wasn't going to mention it because I assumed it would be corrected quicker than I could post about it here but the article still has Interceptor spelled as Inceptor 10 hours later. It makes you wonder if this would have happened if Huw Edwards was still at BBC News.
Why? Did he do all the proofreading?
[-] The following 3 users Like DTV's post:
  • Brekkie, Joe, LargelyALurker

(10-08-2023, 08:31 PM)DTV Wrote:  Why? Did he do all the proofreading?

I don't know. I'm sorry if my post implied I am an insider or work at BBC News. I'm not and I don't. I am merely a viewer like you.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nobby's post:
  • bilky asko

(10-08-2023, 08:58 PM)Nobby Wrote:  I don't know. I'm sorry if my post implied I am an insider or work at BBC News. I'm not and I don't. I am merely a viewer like you.
I wasn't inferring that you were an insider, merely referencing the seemingly odd correlation you had drawn between Huw Edwards' absence and the BBC's Guardian-esque proofreading abilities.

Apparently Les Dennis is the final celeb that will be revealed tomorrow.

I hate to do any moaning about the line-up because it tends not to matter so much when the show gets going, but once you get past the bigger names it gets quite bland with a lot of soap actors. It's usually a lot more varied, this time there's no pop star or anyone from CBBC or CBeebies, for example.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Transmission's post:
  • Brekkie

Well it was indeed Les Dennis.

Not something I really watch, but seems like the strongest casting in years to me.
[-] The following 3 users Like Jon's post:
  • all new phil, DeMarkay, eyeTV