The Oscars 2024: Not on Sky

Jonathan Ross is hosting the ITV coverage on the night of the event. There's also going to be an ITVX show an hour before that with Ross King whilst Charlene White will present the nomination show on the 23rd Janaury on ITVX.

www.itv.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes TMD_24's post:
  • RhysJR

How much will Ross' role entail? I was under the impression that a host wouldn't be needed - they would join the broadcast at the start and air in full, bar sponsorships or product placement that wouldn't be allowed on UK TV.

(17-01-2024, 09:56 PM)RhysJR Wrote:  How much will Ross' role entail? I was under the impression that a host wouldn't be needed - they would join the broadcast at the start and air in full, bar sponsorships or product placement that wouldn't be allowed on UK TV.
Presumably it’ll be similar to watching NFL on major UK channels, in that they’ll need something to cover the many breaks. Sky didn’t bother to do anything special.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jon's post:
  • RhysJR

(17-01-2024, 10:07 PM)Jon Wrote:  Presumably it’ll be similar to watching NFL on major UK channels, in that they’ll need something to cover the many breaks. Sky didn’t bother to do anything special.

Been a couple of years since I watched it so I don't know what they did last year, but usually Sky had a presenter in the studio with various guests throughout the night during the US commercial breaks. They'd react to the last few awards and offer predictions for the ones coming up next, that sort of thing. I think it was Alex Zane who usually presented it for them.
[-] The following 2 users Like Transmission's post:
  • AJB39, RhysJR

Did Jonathan Ross ever present the Oscars before? Don't know if the BBC ever did Oscars coverage back when he was presenting the BBC Film programme.

(17-01-2024, 11:05 PM)eyeTV Wrote:  Did Jonathan Ross ever present the Oscars before? Don't know if the BBC ever did Oscars coverage back when he was presenting the BBC Film programme.

Yes Jonathan Ross did present the Oscars on the BBC, the last time they had the rights 20 plus years ago. Here’s him presenting their coverage in 2003.

youtu.be 
[-] The following 3 users Like AJB39's post:
  • DE88, eyeTV, Happy2001

An average audience of 640 000 for last night's Oscars coverage on ITV.

x.com 
[-] The following 3 users Like RhysJR's post:
  • callumwatchestelly, Happy2001, JMT1985

A very respectable viewing figure considering it was late on Sunday and many had to get up early for work etc.
[-] The following 1 user Likes JMT1985's post:
  • callumwatchestelly

That's pretty decent considering they only got 1.5m at 9pm.

They've done quite a good job of curating the content, clips and highlights from the ceremony and red carpet on ITVX and adding movies, a FAST channel and other content.