Rugby World Cup 2023

(08-09-2023, 06:47 PM)RTMD_24 Wrote:  Quite the virtual backdrop the ITV studio has. Not sure about the stands they have, looks very gameshow for my liking.

Mark's auditioning for The Weakest Link.
[-] The following 2 users Like Worzel's post:
  • bkman1990, Brekkie

The theme works fine for the intro, even if it is a bit long. Like how the "ITV Sport Presents" start to these things continues to avoid the corporate logo.

World in Union did feature briefly during the Opening Ceremony but it was whatever the audio equivalent of "blink and you miss it" is.

Really odd they've designed a virtual studio where they appear to present from "outside" of it using screens on buildings across the road. Seems they've really missed out on an electric atmosphere in the stadium itself.
[-] The following 2 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • bkman1990, Medianext.MX

(07-09-2023, 12:48 PM)RhysJR Wrote:  The article below details some new statistical insights that will be shown throughout the tournament. There also appears to be a reveal of the match scoreboard, which is a nice evolution of the 2019 graphics.

www.rugbyworldcup.com 

An article on the world feed graphics, designed by Ignite, the NZ-based creative division of AE Live:

www.svgeurope.org 
[-] The following 1 user Likes Medianext.MX's post:
  • RhysJR

Sound seems to be out-of-sync when the Haka was being performed.

Score graphic seems quite nice though the text a bit small. Adding "LBP" after 2 minutes presumably to indicate a Losing Bonus Points seems redundant though - irrelevant this early in the match, unlike a try bonus point which once earned is guaranteed.

Yes that's a terrible virtual setup on ITV, it's just too virtual. It looks daft. Virtual setups are just getting more outlandish and not in a good way.
[-] The following 2 users Like eyeTV's post:
  • Brekkie, Reith85

Not keen on the studio set-up from ITV. Looks like a political leaders debate. Maybe they'll reuse the lecterns (rebranded of course) soon enough.

(08-09-2023, 10:22 PM)GMc Wrote:  Not keen on the studio set-up from ITV. Looks like a political leaders debate. Maybe they'll reuse the lecterns (rebranded of course) soon enough.
They went desk based from half time. 

I think the issue here is, they want to utilise the existing ITV Sport set design. But had they just made something truly bespoke for the competition it would have been better.

Not crazy about the score graphic - I don't really see what the rotating bit at the top adds - it's quite distracting and all the information seems pretty redundant - 'France 2023' (we know), 'Pool A' (we know/does it matter?) and 'first/second half) (we can tell that from the clock).

The font also seems a bit blocky to me.

Also a bit of a graphical blunder last night - two points were added to the score graphic incorrectly after a conversion (admittedly the officials didn't signal it clearly), meaning the final score was wrong.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DJCC7's post:
  • Brekkie