Thread Closed

ITV News: Rageh Omaar Unwell

(Yesterday, 12:14 AM)Globaltraffic24 Wrote:  Amazing that none of the usual tabloids have jumped on this yet.

The Sun and Mail both have it on their website.
[-] The following 2 users Like James2001's post:
  • bkman1990, Globaltraffic24

(26-04-2024, 11:44 PM)Larry the Loafer Wrote:  It's since been deleted and I don't know what it said, but apparently Chris Ship tweeted and made reference to ambulances being called.

This person seems to have screenshotted the tweet in question:

twitter.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes James2001's post:
  • Michael 18

Indeed - and via those reports, ITV have issued a statement:

"We are aware that viewers are concerned about Rageh Omaar's wellbeing. Rageh became unwell while presenting News at Ten on Friday and is now receiving medical care. He thanks everyone for their well wishes."
[-] The following 11 users Like IanJRedman's post:
  • AJB39, ANE, bilky asko, bkman1990, Brekkie, callumwatchestelly, London Lite, RhysJR, SB678, TVFan, UTVLifer

Why on earth did they not get the ITV London newscaster to step in? It was clear from the start he was struggling.

The back up if they’re on location and the live feed goes down is the ITV London newsreader takes over, as has happened before. I would assume they always have a contingency newscaster to step in, in case of last minute illness etc.

So unless Rageh was insisting himself to continue, I’m not quite sure why they let it go on for the whole programme.
[-] The following 6 users Like RDJ's post:
  • DavidV, James, Johnnie, L1_, MLehon, oscillon

The fact that none of us were there, I’m not sure this speculation is particularly helpful to anyone.

(Yesterday, 02:23 PM)chris Wrote:  The fact that none of us were there, I’m not sure this speculation is particularly helpful to anyone.

Absolutely.

And at this point, we're closing this thread and ask that readers await updates from ITV News/ITN/Rageh himself.

Statements from ITV and Rageh Omaar:

ITV: "We appreciate viewers of last night’s News at Ten were concerned about Rageh Omaar’s wellbeing.

"Following medical treatment at hospital, he is now recovering at home with his family.

"We are wishing Rageh a speedy recovery and look forward to him being back on screen when he feels ready."

Rageh Omaar: "I would like to thank everyone for their kindness and good wishes, especially all the medical staff, all my wonderful colleagues at ITV News, and our viewers who expressed concern.

"At the time, I was determined to finish presenting the programme. I am grateful for all the support I’ve been given."
Thread Closed