Hollyoaks axed from C4, continues on E4

(11-09-2023, 08:10 PM)TVFan Wrote:  To avoid clashing, Sky are changing their Simpsons times as well, with the current arrangement of one episode at 5pm and three from 6:30 becoming an hour at 5pm and another hour at 7pm.

Interesting that Sky are moving their Simpsons episodes around to accommodate C4. Is this part of a contract between the 2, don’t they air different seasons at different times?

Or just coincidence?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ash101's post:
  • insert_good_username_here

(12-09-2023, 01:16 AM)Ash101 Wrote:  Interesting that Sky are moving their Simpsons episodes around to accommodate C4. Is this part of a contract between the 2, don’t they air different seasons at different times?

Or just coincidence?

It seems pretty pointless for two channels to show the same programme at the same time.

I wonder if an hour long Gameshow might be better for than 6pm slot, with The Simpsons being moved to 5.30pm.
[-] The following 1 user Likes iloveTV1's post:
  • insert_good_username_here

In answer to the question what will Channel 4 do with the vacated slot...stick Four In A Bed on at 6pm and move The Simpsons to 6:30pm appears to be the answer!

In a way more baffling doing that than leaving The Simpsons where it is and putting Four in a Bed at 6.30pm - that might find an audience after Richard Osman's House of Games and a more natural fit leading into the news than The Simpsons you'd imagine.

Probably not this as I expect we would’ve heard all the actors kick up a fuss, but I wonder if they can pay less in royalties with it not going out on the main channel and that was part of their motivation given the slot’s just being filled with repeats/old formats.

(22-09-2023, 12:09 PM)gottago Wrote:  Probably not this as I expect we would’ve heard all the actors kick up a fuss, but I wonder if they can pay less in royalties with it not going out on the main channel and that was part of their motivation given the slot’s just being filled with repeats/old formats.

Not immediately, no. But of course if a budget cut is what C4 are ultimately after (rather than a cancellation) then shunting it off the main channel is a way to limit the damage that might cause.

Ultimately whatever $$ is agreed with Lime becomes the basis of how much $$ Lime have to pay for the production, actors remuneration included.

[Image: signature.jpg]
chatps.com