Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX

(14-11-2022, 12:31 AM)all new phil Wrote:  Have to say, she’d be perfect.
I have to agree. I was pleasantly surprised with how well she co-hosted the 2013 summer editions of Bit On The Side with Rylan.
[-] The following 1 user Likes JosiahStuart's post:
  • DeMarkay

Do we know where the planned house is going to be. I hope they don’t go for a beauty spot like the Australian big brother just for fancy camera shots

(14-11-2022, 01:41 AM)JosiahStuart Wrote:  
(14-11-2022, 12:31 AM)all new phil Wrote:  Have to say, she’d be perfect.
I have to agree. I was pleasantly surprised with how well she co-hosted the 2013 summer editions of Bit On The Side with Rylan.

Really? - I think she did a shocking job when she was on BOTS. 

That said, I do think she has improved dramatically since and that she probably will be quite a good fit - but yeh her BOTS days were not good, it was one of her first presenting jobs and she had like zero experience.
[-] The following 2 users Like Jonnie's post:
  • David, DeMarkay

(14-11-2022, 11:02 AM)Tvfanboy Wrote:  Do we know where the planned house is going to be. I hope they don’t go for a beauty spot like the Australian big brother just for fancy camera shots

Not confirmed but I would be astonished if it isn't in the Bovingdon Backlot considering ITV already have a massive presence there and its fibre connected via NEP already.

(14-11-2022, 02:13 PM)aaron_scotland Wrote:  
(14-11-2022, 11:02 AM)Tvfanboy Wrote:  Do we know where the planned house is going to be. I hope they don’t go for a beauty spot like the Australian big brother just for fancy camera shots

Not confirmed but I would be astonished if it isn't in the Bovingdon Backlot considering ITV already have a massive presence there and its fibre connected via NEP already.
ITV already confirmed it won't be at Bovingdon.

twitter.com 

(14-11-2022, 02:26 PM)Jonnie Wrote:  
(14-11-2022, 02:13 PM)aaron_scotland Wrote:  Not confirmed but I would be astonished if it isn't in the Bovingdon Backlot considering ITV already have a massive presence there and its fibre connected via NEP already.
ITV already confirmed it won't be at Bovingdon.

twitter.com 

Oh wow I must have missed that... Now im very curious!

From what I can gather it was going to be at Bovingdon, it became clear a few weeks ago that they weren't going to be able to build the set in time for a Spring series and now a new location altogether is being sourced for an Autumn series (which suggests wider issues with Bovingdon too).

The line about ITV1 and 2 not having space in their schedule for any more reality was just PR spin. Big Brother very much had its own gap put aside in the first half of next year.

SO are we guessing that the house will be similar to BBCAN, BBUS and BBAU... constructed inside a pre-existing structure like a studio complex?
Makes the most sense financially. That way they arent trying to building an actual building that needs to withstand the elements, but also needs to have services like water and power installed..... in addition to fitting out the actual house interior with rooms and decor, etc. Seems smarter to just build the interior rooms part in an existing studio with access to the outside for the housemates. Job done. Personally never saw the point financially of building the actual house structure from the ground up. Not anymore. Seems like overkill and financially risky for a singular production that might not prove to be financially viable. I wonder if Banijay prefers or recommends the "house in a studio" format?

CONFIRMED: Big Brother will return in October:

https://twitter.com/superTV247/status/1626246578959679495

(16-02-2023, 04:57 PM)TVenthusiasm Wrote:  CONFIRMED: Big Brother will return in October:

https://twitter.com/superTV247/status/1626246578959679495

I’m pretty sure this is largely an assumption based on the fact that ITV have said Q4 and I’m a Celeb starts mid-November.