Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX

I’m not sure how I feel about this- Big Brother was always a very summery feeling show- could they not run both BB and LI? LI at 9, BB at 10 perhaps?

(17-02-2023, 04:44 AM)Gary Baldy Wrote:  I’m not sure how I feel about this- Big Brother was always a very summery feeling show- could they not run both BB and LI? LI at 9, BB at 10 perhaps?

I’d imagine there’s more ad revenue to be had not running them together…

(17-02-2023, 04:09 PM)all new phil Wrote:  
(17-02-2023, 04:44 AM)Gary Baldy Wrote:  I’m not sure how I feel about this- Big Brother was always a very summery feeling show- could they not run both BB and LI? LI at 9, BB at 10 perhaps?

I’d imagine there’s more ad revenue to be had not running them together…

Exactly. They'd be mad to put their two most expensive shows on at the same time to soak up the same ad revenue. The whole reason why they're bringing it back is to bring people to the channel across the year and sell more ads as a result.
[-] The following 4 users Like gottago's post:
  • benzj, DeMarkay, London Lite, UTVLifer

AJ Odudu and Will Best will co-host according to The Sun. Think it is wise to change it up rather than just have someone who'll be compared to Davina and Emma.

www.tvzoneuk.com 

AJ Odudu and Will Best are the new hosts of Big Brother.

twitter.com 

Two hosts? It's always only had one in the past.

(25-04-2023, 09:39 AM)JAS84 Wrote:  Two hosts? It's always only had one in the past.

Exactly. That’s the past, it’s a new era of Big Brother.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DeMarkay's post:
  • London Lite

(25-04-2023, 09:42 AM)DeMarkay Wrote:  
(25-04-2023, 09:39 AM)JAS84 Wrote:  Two hosts? It's always only had one in the past.

Exactly. That’s the past, it’s a new era of Big Brother.

Yet they're reportedly bringing back Marcus Bentley to ensure it's as unwatchable as it was on C5.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Brekkie's post:
  • David

(25-04-2023, 05:48 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  
(25-04-2023, 09:42 AM)DeMarkay Wrote:  Exactly. That’s the past, it’s a new era of Big Brother.

Yet they're reportedly bringing back Marcus Bentley to ensure it's as unwatchable as it was on C5.

That wasn’t Marcus’ choice. That was Channel 5 trying to be extra and outlandish as possible. 

Marcus Bentley IS Big Brother. Without him the show is not Big Brother. 

Any new narrator won’t understand the true essence of the programme.

Yeah, stop living in the past, it’s a whole brand new era of Big Brother!!*

*except for the most identifiable part of the show

[Image: 1592580878_1869298444.svg]
[-] The following 5 users Like VMPhil's post:
  • Brekkie, DeMarkay, Jon, London Lite, UTVLifer