Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX

(25-04-2023, 05:49 PM)DeMarkay Wrote:  
(25-04-2023, 05:48 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  Yet they're reportedly bringing back Marcus Bentley to ensure it's as unwatchable as it was on C5.

Any new narrator won’t understand the true essence of the programme.
It’s ridiculous say that, they might be a bigger fan and expert than Marcus. I agree it probably wouldn’t be the same though.

Marcus's narration on Channel 5 went beyond cheesy into almost parody. I hope if he is chosen to return, he dials it back to how he was in the middle of the Channel 4 run, not slow like series 1, but not OTT drawing out every second word like series 12 onwards.
[-] The following 1 user Likes rick's post:
  • orange

IMO The true essence of any version of Big Brother is the live feeds. Always being watched at all times by anyone. That is literally the point of difference the show has that sets it apart from the 99 other "captured living" tv formats. Those shows are basically all an edited product of story producers rather than the 24/7 real footage streamed live. Its no longer Big Brother at that point. Big Brother Canada fell into that trap when they ended live feeds this year. So they offer up hours of digital dailies footage on their website. But its not the same show and not as engaging. It will be interesting if ITV leverages the potential of ITVX to stream live footage from the house. If not it almosts begs the question why rush and shoot it at all in real time? Why not shoot and take the time to edit it like BBAU at that point.
[-] The following 3 users Like mouseboy33's post:
  • benzj, Jeff, TJTSW

If ITV  are serious about bringing back Big Brother they'd create a FAST channel on ITVX especially for the live feeds and keep the nightly episodes of specially edited footage plus live nominations and evictions shows on ITV2. If they do live feeds on a FAST channel, would they try to put them behind the paywall of ITVX Premium I wonder ... ?
[-] The following 3 users Like TheGregmeister's post:
  • Jeff, mouseboy33, TJTSW

(25-04-2023, 09:39 AM)JAS84 Wrote:  Two hosts? It's always only had one in the past.

Didn’t Brian Dowling and Emma Willis do it together for one season? (it didn’t work btw)

(26-04-2023, 08:50 PM)Pips2022 Wrote:  
(25-04-2023, 09:39 AM)JAS84 Wrote:  Two hosts? It's always only had one in the past.

Didn’t Brian Dowling and Emma Willis do it together for one season? (it didn’t work btw)

I think he was main and her in the Big mouth/ little brother slot?
[-] The following 1 user Likes cando's post:
  • Pips2022

No - Dowling was the main host whilst Emma Willis hosted the spin-off.
[-] The following 3 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • DeMarkay, Jeff, Pips2022

IMO...no spin off/companion programme. no Celeb version. Its overkill and only serves to burnout the format yet again. Sometimes too much of a good thing does exist. All that is better served investing in livefeeds. Which serves the main show.

Question? back in the original days of Ch4. How many simultaneous live feeds did Ch4 offer?
CBS (BBC US) and GlobalTV(BB CAN) have always offered 4 live camera feeds. (lately 2 of the cameras would be pointed at the same conversation but from a different angle. Unless it was a big fight then all 4 would be on the main event) Just wondering what Ch4 did....
[-] The following 1 user Likes mouseboy33's post:
  • Gary Baldy

I think at one stage they might have had more than one feed, I’m sure they had a red button screen for a bit with maybe 2-4 feeds. Although I’m sure for many years towards the end of Channel 4 era it was just a single feed. Although not sure about online.

I don’t think companion shows burn out the format. Because the viewers of those are probably the ones that least likely to get bored in the first place. It certainly never hurt I’m A Celeb for all the years they ran one.
[-] The following 2 users Like Jon's post:
  • DeMarkay, Jeff

It was four feeds for BB1-4, but generally they were two live feeds and two streams showing delayed highlights.

youtu.be 

youtu.be 

youtu.be 

I think for BB5 they switched to a single feed - it certainly was for BB6 when it launched on Freeview.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Brekkie's post:
  • DeMarkay