Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX

(06-03-2024, 11:13 AM)VMPhil Wrote:  I don't think it says much about ITV's programming at the moment when the most exciting thing they can offer on a Monday night at 9pm is the second revival of Celebrity Big Brother.
What are you classing as the first revival? You could argue Channel 4 axed the celebrity version and brought it back twice!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jon's post:
  • Brekkie

2.1m average for yesterday's episode, think ITV will be glad it's holding above 2m. Late & Live declined further though. I think Late & Live was helped with the civilian version being on the same channel last year, when it involves channel switching, people don't seem to want to do it.

x.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes TMD_24's post:
  • DeMarkay

Maybe it’ll be worth them trying it after the News on ITV 1?

There’s already been more CBB coverage on This Morning after 3 days vs the whole 6 weeks for the civilian series.

Interestingly they promo’d the upcoming segment today by showing live house pictures, which isn’t something they’ve done before. (We saw the housemates in the garden)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ash101's post:
  • UTVLifer

Been a clip going around of Fern interviewing Sharon after Sharon said they'd never met - the one going around online has Phillip and Fern - the one they showed on This Morning ensured only Fern was in shot.

Will be interesting if she shows up on This Morning as a result of her CBB stint - don't think she's been on since Ruth and Eamonn left.

P.S. Not seen any promotion for Ben and Cat starting next week.

(06-03-2024, 11:56 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  Will be interesting if she shows up on This Morning as a result of her CBB stint - don't think she's been on since Ruth and Eamonn left.

Was thinking after her chats with Ekin & Gary, she'd be good in a Life Stories style show. We're lacking a one-on-one interview format here in the UK. Or, more likely, maybe she'll sit in for Lorraine at some point?

(06-03-2024, 11:56 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  P.S. Not seen any promotion for Ben and Cat starting next week.

There was a quick VT coming out of a break today, which was basically the same as the original video with Ben walking in and placing Cat's picture on the side...but as he walks away, Ben says 'see you next week' instead of whatever it was originally.

(07-03-2024, 12:14 AM)Ash101 Wrote:  Was thinking after her chats with Ekin & Gary, she'd be good in a Life Stories style show. We're lacking a one-on-one interview format here in the UK. Or, more likely, maybe she'll sit in for Lorraine at some point?

BBC Religion & Ethics have already beaten you to that. Great minds...

www.bbc.co.uk 

en.wikipedia.org ...
[-] The following 1 user Likes RhysJR's post:
  • Brekkie

I really hope this CBB stint does for Fern what I’m a Celeb did for Vernon Kay with a boost back into the public consciousness. I’ve always rated her highly and she was central to keeping This Morning on track following Richard and Judy’s departures. She was all but erased as Phil & Holly tried to secure their “brand” but hopefully now she can appear again with the main hosts and be celebrated. Hopefully it leads to something new for her too, as she’s a brilliant interviewer.
[-] The following 9 users Like Flux's post:
  • AndrewP, callumwatchestelly, DE88, fanoftv, lookoutwales, orange, Pips2022, Toby brown, UTVLifer

1.9m average last night. Note it is still up on the slot average.

x.com 

Fern is clearly a natural interviewer. Her chats with some of the other housemates have got more out of them without any sort of prep.
[-] The following 3 users Like London Lite's post:
  • AndrewP, DE88, lookoutwales