Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX

I've always liked Fern although she hasn't been exactly controversy proof with the gastric band surgery which she didn't admit to although small fry compared to other This Morning scandals.

I suspect she would go back on the show to be interviewed especially now it's all new people
[-] The following 1 user Likes XIII's post:
  • DeMarkay

So what was the point of Louis and Sharon putting three of the other housemates in a supposed "danger zone" if they're all going to do a normal set of nominations a few nights later anyway? Other than the reunion of two former X-Factor judges , it seems a bit somewhat rather pointless over all ... to me at least.
[-] The following 1 user Likes TheGregmeister's post:
  • UTVLifer

Those in the danger zones knew that one of them would be chosen by Sharon to be up for immediate nomination - regardless of which other housemates voted for them.

-------------- Wrong thread -------------
[-] The following 1 user Likes Owen A's post:
  • Nobby

The CBB launch show consolidated at 3.8m from an overnight of 2.7m
[-] The following 2 users Like eyeTV's post:
  • DeMarkay, Happy2001

(12-03-2024, 04:49 PM)eyeTV Wrote:  The CBB launch show consolidated at 3.8m from an overnight of 2.7m

So 1.1 million watched it on ITVX - a decent consolidation, and to be frank, a very decent launch rating - it is a marmite show, and I think that is very well done for ITV
[-] The following 1 user Likes JMT1985's post:
  • DeMarkay

(12-03-2024, 07:03 PM)JMT1985 Wrote:  So 1.1 million watched it on ITVX - a decent consolidation, and to be frank, a very decent launch rating - it is a marmite show, and I think that is very well done for ITV

I think it just means 1.1 million additional viewers watched it within 7 days of broadcast. It's not purely ITVX. It will also include domestic recordings, streaming/downloading on Sky, STV Player etc.
[-] The following 4 users Like Nobby's post:
  • Brekkie, Happy2001, London Lite, UTVLifer

(13-03-2024, 01:10 AM)Nobby Wrote:  I think it just means 1.1 million additional viewers watched it within 7 days of broadcast. It's not purely ITVX. It will also include domestic recordings, streaming/downloading on Sky, STV Player etc.

Still not bad for the show - the consolidated figures is now the figure which is important

It feels like it's done enough for another run on ITV1 next year - neither a flop or a hit really. The depressing thing is the 9pm overnight average for ITV1 this year is just 1.6m - we're along way from the days where if you failed to get 10m you got axed.

Late and Live has struggled though - seems people will stick around if it's on the same channel but far less inclined to turn over to watch, which perhaps justifies other spin off shies bring axed.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Brekkie's post:
  • callumwatchestelly

I think it is still hard for people to understand how overnight ratings work now in 2024, that the audience is simply not there and it is unlikely to change.

I remember a time when shows would get 8 to 10 million watching a mid week prime time 9pm show on BBC 1 or ITV, those days are long gone, and I doubt will ever return, the audience is too fractured and also people's style of watching TV has changed, we are now used to watching clips of shows on YouTube.

This is shown with the late night talk shows in the US, where once Johnny Carson's Tonight Show could command a nightly audience of around 9 to 12 million viewers a night, often peaking at 19 to 20 million for big occasions, now in 2024, the late night talk shows are lucky to squeeze past the 2 to 3 million mark on a big occasion, for example last week, one of Jimmy Fallon's Tonight Show just got 1.2 million watching.
[-] The following 1 user Likes JMT1985's post:
  • UTVLifer