ITV Dancing On Ice - New Season

You'd think STV would be a bit more flexible about their website URL being required on shows like this, especially as they've given up on even having a different click-through page. Instead, both URLs open up itv.com/vote.

up.metropol247.co.uk 
Web Image

[-] The following 1 user Likes scottishtv's post:
  • Brekkie

Talking of STV, their continuity announcer confirmed what Stephen Mulhern said at the end of Dancing on Ice, that the show is on at the earlier time of 18:19 next week. The ITV1 continuity announcer just spoke about other programmes as if they hadn't even been watching the programme at all.

(16-01-2024, 11:36 PM)XIII Wrote:  I do find it amusing that people think working in television is so easy and that commissioners are lazy when that is far from the truth. TV is not easy to make at all and you have to consider they reject a lot more pitches than commissions.

Perhaps, but how is any of that amusing?
[-] The following 1 user Likes tellyblues's post:
  • Strange

(14-01-2024, 10:10 PM)fanoftv Wrote:  I was hoping a new host would be a chance to freshen it up a little. I know that there was a big professional skater dance at the top of the show, but I still feel like it falls onto the air without any proper titles. Some small tweaks like introducing the hosts then introducing the skaters before their dance (though I remember that this strangely came in part way through last series) would go some way to making an entrance too. The set is still not a patch on either version from the original run, not helped by the over prominence of the screens and audience in the dark.

However, positives, it’s great to see Holly back in front of the camera. Stephen has brought a lovely new feeling with little jokes sprinkled through the show. It’s clever to use Stephen with Holly as they have great chemistry, a past working relationship and I’m sure it’s made Holly feel calmer about returning to air.

I tuned in tonight at 18:30 and was instantly confused as the show just opened with the usual break bumper straight into a professional routine and I wondered if I had missed an earlier starting time!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Johnr's post:
  • fanoftv

ITV have gone from dragging every episode out two hours to not even giving them much extra time when they've almost the full cast performing. Started at 18:27 yesterday so they've an extra 8 minutes for 5 more routines - though last year they axed the skate off in the first combined episode.

Good to hear Holly Willoughby in 2024 referring to ITV's streaming service as ITV Player on tonight's DOI - a service which was rebranded over 8 years ago!
[-] The following 6 users Like Juicy Joe's post:
  • Ash101, DE88, fanoftv, Happy2001, Nobby, TJTSW

(28-01-2024, 07:47 PM)Juicy Joe Wrote:  Good to hear Holly Willoughby in 2024 referring to ITV's streaming service as ITV Player on tonight's DOI - a service which was rebranded over 8 years ago!

Not that it means much, but I could've sworn I heard an ITV1 CA say "Now on ITV" last night.

(28-01-2024, 07:47 PM)Juicy Joe Wrote:  Good to hear Holly Willoughby in 2024 referring to ITV's streaming service as ITV Player on tonight's DOI - a service which was rebranded over 8 years ago!

And it’s been ITV Hub in between!

I can imagine that has annoyed a few executives a bit more than a potential F word at half 6 on a Sunday!
[-] The following 3 users Like Ash101's post:
  • Brekkie, Happy2001, Juicy Joe

As the credits started for Dancing on ICE, the ITV 1 continuity announcer back referenced Holly Willoughby by confirming she was correct to say that Who Wants to be a Millionaire was on next.

Whereas, at the same time, the STV continuity back referenced Stephen Mulhern by confirming he was correct to say that Dancing on Ice is back at 19 minutes past 6 next week.

Lovely.
[-] The following 2 users Like Nobby's post:
  • Ash101, Happy2001

The edit on 'ITV Player' is quite jarring! (about 7:45 in)

And around 18:25 they've ripped out the apology
[-] The following 3 users Like Johnr's post:
  • DE88, Happy2001, Nobby