ITV Dancing On Ice - New Season

(28-01-2024, 11:06 PM)Johnr Wrote:  The edit on 'ITV Player' is quite jarring! (about 7:45 in)

And around 18:25 they've ripped out the apology

And that is why recording is much better than being reliant on on demand.
[-] The following 4 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • DE88, fanoftv, Nobby, radiorebel

(28-01-2024, 11:06 PM)Johnr Wrote:  The edit on 'ITV Player' is quite jarring! (about 7:45 in)

And around 18:25 they've ripped out the apology

I remember a really clunky edit happening when someone was "gotcha'd" on Saturday Night Takeaway and swore. I'm guessing there's a reason why they can't just bleep/mute the word out because the awful edits just look amateurish.

The version on STV Player, which must have been what Holly Willoughby meant when she accidentally said ITV Player, is unedited and just has a warning that it "May contain strong language". A much more sensible decision.

player.stv.tv  (about 7:40)

The ITVX version hasn't had the subtitles edited, so you still get to read the tail end of the apology. That's except for viewers in Scotland, who get the whole thing.
[-] The following 2 users Like Nobby's post:
  • Brekkie, Happy2001

Watched tonight’s show and they really need some new creative direction for the bits between the skating. The routines were great, but everything else is just terrible. I know it’s often complained that these shows have too much filler, but this just rattled through everything far too quickly. The lack of titles too and it just all feels like there’s no love going into it.

The oddly specific mentions of the start time (6.19pm next Sunday) - I wonder if there’s some tension between the show and ITV about the running time?
[-] The following 1 user Likes all new phil's post:
  • TJTSW

Thought Johnny Weir was a great stand-in for Ashley on this week’s show.
[-] The following 2 users Like all new phil's post:
  • Brekkie, radiorebel

He was superb. First useful critiques since the days of Robin Cousins.

His scoring was also better than Ashley who sometimes tried to act as if he were their version of Craig Revel Horwood and give much lower scores - Ashley is now gone from the show until the semi finals I read.

I notice that Torvill and Dean are skating together for the ‘final time’ in May 2025. Wonder if they’ll be leaving the show as well after the (potential) 2025 series, which could, of course, mark the end of the show entirely.

I swear this is the third or fourth "final time".
[-] The following 2 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • Alessi, DE88

(14-02-2024, 01:40 PM)iloveTV1 Wrote:  I notice that Torvill and Dean are skating together for the ‘final time’ in May 2025. Wonder if they’ll be leaving the show as well after the (potential) 2025 series, which could, of course, mark the end of the show entirely.

The show really needs to end again. It was good for the first two or so series’ when it got revived but now it is a bleak and boring watch. Especially now that some key figures of the show are gone. (Phillip and Jason)