Thread Closed

Pick to become Sky Mix

(03-10-2023, 05:03 PM)rick Wrote:  So essentially, (mostly the) same s**t, different name.  Big Grin

The difference is really in primetime. I don't think anyone expected a drastic change in the daytime and late night schedules...
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rex's post:
  • interestednovice

(03-10-2023, 02:26 PM)Kunst Wrote:  I deeply disagree Challenge needs a name change.

It's basically a channel made up of repeats of a rather specific genre, there's nothing premium about it.
Yes, I don't feel Challenge name should be lost, nor rebrand it as Sky Challenge, especially as it mainly shows ITV programmes - but it would be nice to have a new-look & some different classic game shows/quizzes along with this.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Juicy Joe's post:
  • harshy

RXTV are indicating it will be in HD on Sky (and potentially Freesat).

(03-10-2023, 04:24 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  Wouldn't be surprised if using it more for any free Sky Sports content is part of the plan too, especially premium rights they'd otherwise be under pressure to sell on.
They could potentially compete on things like F1 highlights too - as they do now with Sky Showcase.

[Image: signature.jpg]
chatps.com

(03-10-2023, 06:25 PM)CCFG Wrote:  RXTV are indicating it will be in HD on Sky (and potentially Freesat).

I thought Pick HD was already on Sky? If anything, it may launch on NOW. (Now kept Sky Arts and in Full HD after it launched on Freeview).

There was a previous temporary HD feed of Pick set up during lockdown when Premier League games were shown, though usually Pick and Sky One simulcast the same game, so it was mostly (but not exclusively) for the benefit of Freesat users.
[-] The following 3 users Like PATV Scunthorpe's post:
  • bkman1990, interestednovice, Ma76

I think Pick may already be in HD on Sky Glass and Sky Stream too, I’m not sure.

It would certainly make sense to ensure that all Sky channels are in HD.
[-] The following 3 users Like interestednovice's post:
  • bkman1990, London Lite, Ma76

(03-10-2023, 06:56 PM)WillPS Wrote:  They could potentially compete on things like F1 highlights too - as they do now with Sky Showcase.
I think C4 have now signed a multi-year deal with Sky (who onsell the rights rather than F1 selling a highlights package) after a few years of just renewing annually so that's unlikely to happen in the short term, though potentially if there is a crucial final race with pressure for free to air coverage that might end up on Sky Mix rather than them doing a deal with C4 to simulcast coverage.

Although it’s arguably more useful to Sky to have their branding all over Channel 4 than their own lower profile free to air channel.

I think the point WillPS was making was more they could offer them in different time slots as a spoiler to Channel 4 efforts. But you’d assume Channel 4 would have free to air exclusivity that would prevent Sky from doing that.

But it could be used for other sports.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jon's post:
  • Brekkie

(03-10-2023, 10:12 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  I think C4 have now signed a multi-year deal with Sky (who onsell the rights rather than F1 selling a highlights package) after a few years of just renewing annually so that's unlikely to happen in the short term, though potentially if there is a crucial final race with pressure for free to air coverage that might end up on Sky Mix rather than them doing a deal with C4 to simulcast coverage.

We know C4 have a deal to show F1, we don't know what Sky have agreed to not do on FTA as a result of that deal (if anything).

[Image: signature.jpg]
chatps.com
Thread Closed