Steph's Packed Lunch to end in December

(20-10-2023, 09:40 PM)Stuart Wrote:  I only ever saw it during lockdown/WFH. I was rather surprised the other day to still see it on the EPG.

6 weeks isn't much notice for a programme ending and obviously my sympathies for the production team involved. However, that would be the start of the Christmas schedule so C4 probably already had fillers planned for the slot.
And it was the end of their current production contract, so I imagine at least those high up on the programme had an inkling
[-] The following 1 user Likes Stooky Bill's post:
  • Stuart

(21-10-2023, 07:50 AM)Stooky Bill Wrote:  And it was the end of their current production contract, so I imagine at least those high up on the programme had an inkling

Agree 100%. I just hope it doesn't affect Leeds' increasing media profile.

(20-10-2023, 09:50 PM)harshy Wrote:  It was a strange studio I went to Leeds Dock and went past it without realising it’s a completely unbranded building no where did it mention channel4 or stephs packed lunch came from there. and are channel 4 actually at that majestic building in Leeds?
It seems quite sensible that they wouldn’t want to let passers-by know they were broadcasting a live, daily TV show from there. Putting up branding would only attract attention-seekers, protestors and general weirdos making a spectacle in the background of the show.

I don’t know if they’re fully established in the old Majestic building yet or not, but that’s only an administrative base for C4, not a studio base, given how they don’t make their own programmes.

(21-10-2023, 09:58 PM)Spencer Wrote:  It seems quite sensible that they wouldn’t want to let passers-by know they were broadcasting a live, daily TV show from there. Putting up branding would only attract attention-seekers, protestors and general weirdos making a spectacle in the background of the show.

I don’t know if they’re fully established in the old Majestic building yet or not, but that’s only an administrative base for C4, not a studio base, given how they don’t make their own programmes.

I tried to find their base near the railway station but there was no livery at all.

Looks like the last episode is tomorrow.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Brekkie's post:
  • Nobby

They’ve got practically all the regulars on today- Sayeeda Warsi, Alan Johnson, Simon Rimmer, Kate Bottley, Freddy Forster, Russell Kane, Luke Kempner, Marcus Brigstocke etc
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gary Baldy's post:
  • Brekkie

(08-12-2023, 01:07 PM)Gary Baldy Wrote:  They’ve got practically all the regulars on today- Sayeeda Warsi, Alan Johnson, Simon Rimmer, Kate Bottley, Freddy Forster, Russell Kane, Luke Kempner, Marcus Brigstocke etc

Though a notable absence of John Whaite.

The banter between everybody in the first half hour epitomises why I think this show had a much better (or "convincing") family dynamic than This Morning ever claims to have. I think it really is a shame that Channel 4 have dropped the axe on it. For daytime TV standards, it really has been a breath of fresh air.

Great to see Kammy back obviously having the time of his life!
[-] The following 3 users Like Johnr's post:
  • Brekkie, Gary Baldy, Toby brown

It's a bit like the last Big Breakfast and indeed Brookside - they're doing what the heck they like with no consequences to fear.
[-] The following 6 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • AndrewP, dbl, Gary Baldy, Larry the Loafer, Roger Darthwell, Toby brown