Thread Closed

ITV (Wider Group) Branding

(14-11-2022, 04:55 PM)eyeTV Wrote:  It's still all very low key. Looks like there is going to be no announcement about any new pres or the change to ITV1, it's all just going to happen tomorrow at 6am?
More than likely I would imagine. It’s not a massive full scale rebrand like it was back in 2013 so it’ll just be like any other on air refresh and will just introduce it from 6am tomorrow I presume.
[-] The following 1 user Likes mrarg1393's post:
  • Superman1986

Bit of a preview has appeared, showing some animations and transitions:

www.youtube.com 

I have to say I really like these. Very sleek.
[-] The following 1 user Likes NancerInTheCafe's post:
  • DeMarkay

(14-11-2022, 05:20 PM)Ashley Wrote:  Bit of a preview has appeared, showing some animations and transitions:

www.youtube.com 

Looks great!
[-] The following 1 user Likes all new phil's post:
  • DeMarkay

(14-11-2022, 05:20 PM)Ashley Wrote:  Bit of a preview has appeared, showing some animations and transitions:

www.youtube.com 

Looks like it good be a good refresh, still not sure on itv1 but I’m sure in time it will become normal..
[-] The following 1 user Likes TJTSW's post:
  • DeMarkay

www.youtube.com 

Did ITV steal a prototype of BBC's rebrand?
These animations and transitions feel more like what BBC was trying to do with their rebrand recently, and it makes me worried about the idents.

(14-11-2022, 03:18 PM)CillBill Wrote:  A preview version of the ITVX smart TV app is available online, though none of the videos will play.

app.10ft.itv.com 

[Image: Hqpc0P6.png]

Great find, thanks for this. Basically the same UI as the current ITV Hub smart TV app. Looks like this will be a way of watching the linear channels in HD through Freeview Play.

This bit in the settings related to location is interesting:

[Image: Screenshot%202022-11-14%20at%2016_30_19.png]

I get Scotland because of STV but what programmes would be missing for Northern Ireland? 

Also I hate that the programme categories have been kept as an A to Z rather than a curated list or fixed to an algorithm. Such a useless way of finding new shows.
[-] The following 1 user Likes gottago's post:
  • UTVLifer

Love the look of the preview, however I'm still not a fan of the numbers on 2,3 and 4. But it looks good on 1!
[-] The following 1 user Likes lepeterrr's post:
  • Superman1986

Like those transitions for each channel. All very flat design compared to what we have now which I suppose is now the trend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes eyeTV's post:
  • DeMarkay

(14-11-2022, 04:55 PM)eyeTV Wrote:  It's still all very low key. Looks like there is going to be no announcement about any new pres or the change to ITV1, it's all just going to happen tomorrow at 6am?

I think they will acknowledge the new look as they have done in the past especially in 2013.
Thread Closed