Thread Closed

ITV (Wider Group) Branding

(21-09-2022, 11:13 PM)gottago Wrote:  the whole set of channels desperately needs a refresh.

Really?

(21-09-2022, 11:13 PM)gottago Wrote:  I'm hearing on the industry grapevine that "ITV1" is going to be making a comeback.

It would make sense, I get the impression ITVX is going to be the primary brand when it launches. Plus the whole set of channels desperately needs a refresh. I was amazed when I caught ITV4 the other day and saw they're still using the set from 2013.

No it isn't liar, you don't have any sources.

BBC Meridian - perhaps you could have just asked gottago to clarify their sources. Calling them a liar is unwarranted. Please consider what you write.

With cinnamon, never chocolate
[-] The following 14 users Like Cappuccino's post:
  • alfiejmulcahy, AxG, benzj, bkman1990, Blubatt, chevron, dbl, ethanjbrady, JAS84, Ma76, Stuart, thomash79, TVFan, WhisperOfCinnamon

I guess it makes sense in that context. Presumably every trailer on ITV(1) is going to be for ITVX before long, much like the way BBC promote iPlayer. So if ITVX becomes the hero brand, plain old ITV does seem a downgrade.

Seems ITV are filming new idents. Perhaps there will be an updated look soon. 
According the council, these are being filmed in Lytham St Annes this week. 

https://twitter.com/discoverfylde/status/1572866921409966080?s=46&t=GMPn_LeMMXK5KR_oW4GLQA
[-] The following 1 user Likes JexedBack's post:
  • Roger Darthwell

If they are actually filming new channel idents, I'm guessing we will get a new look in the new year, or could a new look launch along with ITV X in November?

(21-09-2022, 11:21 PM)all new phil Wrote:  
(21-09-2022, 11:13 PM)gottago Wrote:  the whole set of channels desperately needs a refresh.

Really?

Yes, absolutely.

I'm really still not sold on 'ITVX' as a brand name.

I do wonder if the channel number had never been lost, if 'ITV' would have worked as a really simple name for their catchup service.

But then again, people say 'iPlayer' without the BBC brand - so it's a total minefield as to what is best.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ash101's post:
  • Ma76

iPlayer doesn't even sound like a BBC brand, does it? That i prefix usually means Apple (as in iPhone, iMac, iPod). Problem is, it's now too well known to change.
[-] The following 1 user Likes JAS84's post:
  • Ma76

Oh great, just what we need, more live action idents!

I wonder if a new look/logo is on the way in 2023, will we finally see the end of UTV as a brand? Would be the perfect time to do it.
Thread Closed