Thread Closed

ITV (Wider Group) Branding

Anyone know the exact date for the 'new look'?
[-] The following 3 users Like TV Times's post:
  • bkman1990, Mattsupergirl, Superman1986

(01-10-2022, 02:04 PM)TV Times Wrote:  Anyone know the exact date for the 'new look'?
Not yet, but hopefully we should know soon

If ITV staff are seeing the new look sometime this month, do we think we'll see it launch in November to coincide with ITVX?
[-] The following 1 user Likes tomo359's post:
  • Superman1986

(01-10-2022, 06:38 PM)tomo359 Wrote:  If ITV staff are seeing the new look sometime this month, do we think we'll see it launch in November to coincide with ITVX?
I was working at ITV when they launched the current logo. Every member of staff was brought to an event (we travelled to London) for an event where it was unveiled to a big fanfare and the whole ethos behind it was explained. That was quite a while before it actually hit the screens (several months if I remember correctly). But I would presume any update will be linked to ITVX - that is the focus for nearly every part of the business, so would be odd not to be tied in. Suffice to say, don't expect this to be a huge rebrand of ITV - I have seen some of what ITVX will look like (or at least early renderings) and it didn't suggest a huge move away from what ITV currently looks like (ie no new logo). Think many will welcome that, the current logo has aged well compared to previous ones.
[-] The following 3 users Like newsjunkie's post:
  • chevron, Ma76, robert.louiz

(02-10-2022, 11:00 AM)newsjunkie Wrote:  
(01-10-2022, 06:38 PM)tomo359 Wrote:  If ITV staff are seeing the new look sometime this month, do we think we'll see it launch in November to coincide with ITVX?
I was working at ITV when they launched the current logo. Every member of staff was brought to an event (we travelled to London) for an event where it was unveiled to a big fanfare and the whole ethos behind it was explained. That was quite a while before it actually hit the screens (several months if I remember correctly). But I would presume any update will be linked to ITVX - that is the focus for nearly every part of the business, so would be odd not to be tied in. Suffice to say, don't expect this to be a huge rebrand of ITV - I have seen some of what ITVX will look like (or at least early renderings) and it didn't suggest a huge move away from what ITV currently looks like (ie no new logo). Think many will welcome that, the current logo has aged well compared to previous ones.

The staff event on Tuesday is tiny in comparison! Just a small ticketed event in a meeting room. All signs very much pointing to it launching at the same time as ITVX. Yes you're right, it won't be a new ITV company logo but I wouldn't be surprised if we see the font of the numerals of each channel change, especially if ITV1 is returning.
[-] The following 2 users Like gottago's post:
  • bkman1990, Ma76

(02-10-2022, 11:07 AM)gottago Wrote:  
(02-10-2022, 11:00 AM)newsjunkie Wrote:  

The staff event on Tuesday is tiny in comparison! Just a small ticketed event in a meeting room. All signs very much pointing to it launching at the same time as ITVX. Yes you're right, it won't be a new ITV company logo but I wouldn't be surprised if we see the font of the numerals of each channel change, especially if ITV1 is returning.

Well, I did notice the font used on the ITV X website was not the Reem font that ITV used across the whole corporation, so I predict that font could be used for the 'modern and contemporary look and feel', which is what the upcoming rebrand is all about according to Clean Feed.
[-] The following 2 users Like BBCChameleonFan's post:
  • HJB, Ma76

I'm certainly not expecting the logo to be changed. I am fine with that, I think it still looks really good and hopefully they've got a long term logo.
I think just new idents and surrounding pres for each channel will be a nice update.
I do wonder how much ITVX will feature in promos/end boards, ITV Hub is already heavily pushed so I expect X to be at the forefront of all promos
[-] The following 2 users Like tomo359's post:
  • bkman1990, LaDeDa

I don't think the current logo is that bad anyway. I think that the colours thing they went for in the initial idents that featured it was gimmicky, and I like the 3 colour logo over the 5 coloured one.

[Image: SAD%20BLU2.png]

(21-09-2022, 11:13 PM)gottago Wrote:  I'm hearing on the industry grapevine that "ITV1" is going to be making a comeback.

It would make sense, I get the impression ITVX is going to be the primary brand when it launches. Plus the whole set of channels desperately needs a refresh. I was amazed when I caught ITV4 the other day and saw they're still using the set from 2013.

I think that would be a very big mistake, and would highlight how some within the industry have lost contact with the its viewers.

(04-10-2022, 09:26 AM)Milkshake Wrote:  
(21-09-2022, 11:13 PM)gottago Wrote:  I'm hearing on the industry grapevine that "ITV1" is going to be making a comeback.

It would make sense, I get the impression ITVX is going to be the primary brand when it launches. Plus the whole set of channels desperately needs a refresh. I was amazed when I caught ITV4 the other day and saw they're still using the set from 2013.

I think that would be a very big mistake, and would highlight how some within the industry have lost contact with the its viewers.

Good Lord. Talk about exaggeration.
[-] The following 6 users Like all new phil's post:
  • bkman1990, eyeTV, Former Member 406, L1_, Milkshake, TVFan
Thread Closed