Good Morning Britain

(11-09-2022, 10:27 AM)Ash101 Wrote:  I wonder why they decided to put GMB on this morning instead of ITV News? Especially given it didn't start till half 9.

I wonder if it might have been to give the ITV News teams at ITN some downtime for a couple of hours this morning, after being on air with rolling news specials for a large proportion of the last 3 days, readying themselves for the next 8 days.

Kate is doing a wonderful job along with the rest of the team this morning

(11-09-2022, 10:32 AM)UTVLifer Wrote:  
(11-09-2022, 10:27 AM)Ash101 Wrote:  I wonder why they decided to put GMB on this morning instead of ITV News? Especially given it didn't start till half 9.

I wonder if it might have been to give the ITV News teams at ITN some downtime for a couple of hours this morning, after being on air with rolling news specials for a large proportion of the last 3 days, readying themselves for the next 8 days.

Kate is doing a wonderful job along with the rest of the team this morning
Agree I didn’t see the start but thought Kate did a fantastic job this morning.

I only watched the first hour, but from what I could see with the exception of Richard Gainsford, all the other reporters were utilised from ITV News.
[-] The following 1 user Likes London Lite's post:
  • UTVLifer

(11-09-2022, 01:43 PM)London Lite Wrote:  I only watched the first hour, but from what I could see with the exception of Richard Gainsford, all the other reporters were utilised from ITV News.

There has been a lot of cross-utilisation between ITV News, STV News and GMB in the last few days - with STV correspondents appearing on both ITV News and GMB, plus ITV/STV News reporters appearing on Good Morning Britain's specials

GMB airing until 10am tomorrow if the current listings are anything to go by.

Kate Garraway reporting from Buckingham palace this morning. Susanna said “ Kate Garraway thank you” rather than just Kate.

They went to the trouble of having a voiceover made up for this morning's programme, featuring, for the first time - since they didn't have one last weekend - a voiced reference to it being Sunday.

Having been presented single-handedly by Kate last Sunday, they added Adil into the mix this weekend, though I don't feel the programme was any stronger for it. Kate was excellent last Sunday and was more than capable of presenting alone.

The show closed with some rather pleasing harp music, and Kate referring to tomorrow's show, saying "we'll all be there, live from Westminster Abbey". Given the wording, I wonder if they're going to do away with the normal GMB studio completely, and present the entirety of the show as an OB.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DavidWhitfield's post:
  • UTVLifer

We will wait and see Tomorrow but the extra special edition of Good Morning Britain have been very well put together.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ben Shatliff's post:
  • UTVLifer

I honestly wouldn't mind weekend GMB becoming a permanent fixture in the future, given how 'natural' (for lack of a better word) it has felt to have it on both days last weekend and today
[-] The following 3 users Like UTVLifer's post:
  • GMc, James, Newsroom

(18-09-2022, 05:44 PM)UTVLifer Wrote:  I honestly wouldn't mind weekend GMB becoming a permanent fixture in the future, given how 'natural' (for lack of a better word) it has felt to have it on both days last weekend and today

I agree.