Good Morning Britain

Tomorrow's team will consist of Susanna, Ben, Kate, Ranvir, Charlotte, Sean, and Laura, according to the following tweet:

twitter.com 

Effectively the launch team. I expect it'll be an interesting programme, both generally and from a presentation point of view.

(18-09-2022, 05:44 PM)UTVLifer Wrote:  I honestly wouldn't mind weekend GMB becoming a permanent fixture in the future, given how 'natural' (for lack of a better word) it has felt to have it on both days last weekend and today

Completely agree. I don't entirely understand why they decided to go on air at 6am today when there can't be many people turning to ITV for news at that time on a Sunday - but, as you say, it felt totally natural. When I stumbled upon it by accident after 8am, I felt really glad it was there.

Is Ben Shephard stepping into the main presenter at the start of the week again or is it due the the recent tragic events?

Rob Rinder would have been great yesterday or even Richard Madely or Adil Ray.

I just wondered in regards to Ben as we seem to have seen more of him.

(20-09-2022, 05:45 PM)Ben Shatliff Wrote:  Is Ben Shephard stepping into the main presenter at the start of the week again or is it due the the recent tragic events?

Ben and Susanna are the main co anchors of Good Morning Britain, have been since the programme started, so thank goodness Ben was on the programme, it would've been wrong not to include him.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BBCMeridian's post:
  • watchingtv

(20-09-2022, 05:45 PM)Ben Shatliff Wrote:  Is Ben Shephard stepping into the main presenter at the start of the week again or is it due the the recent tragic events?
Martin Lewis was supposed to be presenting on Monday's this month, but had said he'd agreed to change this week and last week to a Wednesday due to the queen's death.

Formerly 'Charlie Wells' of TV Forum.

(20-09-2022, 05:53 PM)BBCMeridian Wrote:  

Ben and Susanna are the main co anchors of Good Morning Britain, have been since the programme started, so thank goodness Ben was on the programme, it would've been wrong not to include him.
I’d hardly say Ben’s been the main co-anchor since the programme started, he was at the beginning but for most of its existence he’s effectively been the main co-anchor of the B team first to Piers Morgan then to guest presenters.

(20-09-2022, 08:17 PM)Jon Wrote:  
(20-09-2022, 05:53 PM)BBCMeridian Wrote:  

I’d hardly say Ben’s been the main co-anchor since the programme started, he was at the beginning but for most of its existence he’s effectively been the main co-anchor of the B team first to Piers Morgan then to guest presenters.
That is what I was thinking and why I was asking. 

Richard Madely seems to have been off again recently after a return In August. 

I am not tiring this into a Presenter and Rota thread. I was just asking.

You wouldn’t have what are basically ‘guest hosts’ hosting such momentous coverage, hence why Ben, Susanna and Kate have been presenting most days over the last few weeks
[-] The following 2 users Like Andrew's post:
  • James, UTVLifer

I think they really ought to find a permanent male host now. This guest hosting lark has gone on for 18 months (!!) and I think it's high time they found someone to be the full-time 'face' of the programme alongside Susanna. To my knowledge, no other breakfast show in the world has permanent guest hosts (often ex-politicians - how's that for balance?!)

On another note, I'm surprised ITV have never tried weekend editions of GMB before - they seem to have tried everything else on weekend mornings, so why not GMB?

(22-09-2022, 12:18 PM)Kojak Wrote:  On another note, I'm surprised ITV have never tried weekend editions of GMB before - they seem to have tried everything else on weekend mornings, so why not GMB?

Probably because the current slew of hour long formats, which I think began with Aled Jones as a “Daybreak contract ender”, but has since seen Sara Cox, Zoe Ball, Martin and Roman Kemp, Vick Hope, Katie Piper and Kate Garraway are all pre recorded and done fairly on the cheap. 

GMB would have to be live, plus a lot more resource with reporters etc. It worked for the Queen editions because they utilised ITV News reporters who were already scattered around. 

I guess a Saturday edition would work in the normal slot, but if they ever did it on a Sunday - I’d say 8am onwards?