Good Morning Britain

(03-02-2024, 12:30 AM)DavidWhitfield Wrote:  I loathe those debates.

"Would you use pet shampoo on your own hair?" - "debated" by a woman who writes an online blog and some fella who was on The Apprentice three years ago.

What a waste of air time.

Yes especially the so called light hearted non story debate they start at about 8:54 before going off air at 8:55, always rushed and with complete Z list people who probably don’t even believe the side they are representing

They need to move on from the Piers Morgan argumentative divisive format.

Regarding Martin Lewis, it’s funny, do you remember when the tabloids ran that story that he was the new permanent presenter replacing Piers Morgan. When you got into the actual story all he’s signed up for was occasional Wednesdays. In reality he hasn’t even done that, he did a few Wednesdays and hasn’t presented the programme since.
[-] The following 8 users Like Andrew's post:
  • ACTV, arbrax, callumwatchestelly, fanoftv, Mick Lee, TVFan, UTVLifer, what

Ben could do both still- This Morning Mon-Wed, GMB Thurs-Fri

(04-02-2024, 12:28 PM)Gary Baldy Wrote:  Ben could do both still- This Morning Mon-Wed, GMB Thurs-Fri

In the same way that Naga Munchettty is on BBC Radio 5Live Monday-Wednesday and BBC TV Breakfast Thursday-Saturday.

Ben could do both but I wouldn't be surprised if he gave up GMB.

Kate Garraway will return to Good Morning Britain this week. First, she will be interviewed on Monday, before returning to hosting on Thursday.

It will be good to see her back after a horrendous period for her and her family.

www.bbc.co.uk 
[-] The following 7 users Like RhysJR's post:
  • callumwatchestelly, DeMarkay, matthieu1221, Spencer, Superman1986, TJTSW, UTVLifer

(04-02-2024, 07:35 PM)RhysJR Wrote:  Kate Garraway will return to Good Morning Britain this week. First, she will be interviewed on Monday, before returning to hosting on Thursday.

It will be good to see her back after a horrendous period for her and her family.

www.bbc.co.uk 

I expect bumper ratings for GMB this week, placing BBC Breakfast in second place.

(04-02-2024, 08:30 PM)Reith85 Wrote:  I expect bumper ratings for GMB this week, placing BBC Breakfast in second place.

I predict ratings will be the same they always are.

(04-02-2024, 11:27 PM)all new phil Wrote:  I predict ratings will be the same they always are.

Agree. Kate’s been through an awful situation but it’s hardly going to lift GMB above where it usually sits.

It’s second place behind BBC Breakfast, but you kind of get the sense ITV are happy for it to sit there as they’ve not tried to reinvent anything there in years now. I guess there’s not much they can do it ever beat BBC Breakfast
[-] The following 3 users Like Ash101's post:
  • callumwatchestelly, fatal paper cut, lookoutwales

Adil Ray is back presenting tomorrow and on some Fridays in March. Wonder if Ben is filming Tipping Point or winding down from GMB ahead of starting on This Morning?

It honestly baffles me that three years after Piers left they don’t have any guest presenters who would want to take on the job permanently.

Given Piers leaving/getting the boot from TalkTV, I wonder if ITV would consider having him back…
[-] The following 1 user Likes AaronTV's post:
  • UTVLifer

Piers will never return to ITV, certainly not to GMB - he burnt his bridge there, and also it would take a lot of humble pie for Piers to eat for him to return and Piers is not made like that.

Why do they need to have a permanent host? Having rotating hosts brings a fresh feel to the show.
[-] The following 1 user Likes JMT1985's post:
  • UTVLifer