Good Morning Britain

For a big event like the Queen's death and funeral, it would make sense to have weekend editions but probably too expensive to do all year round.

(22-09-2022, 01:10 PM)Ash101 Wrote:  
(22-09-2022, 12:18 PM)Kojak Wrote:  On another note, I'm surprised ITV have never tried weekend editions of GMB before - they seem to have tried everything else on weekend mornings, so why not GMB?

Probably because the current slew of hour long formats, which I think began with Aled Jones as a “Daybreak contract ender”, but has since seen Sara Cox, Zoe Ball, Martin and Roman Kemp, Vick Hope, Katie Piper and Kate Garraway are all pre recorded and done fairly on the cheap. 

GMB would have to be live, plus a lot more resource with reporters etc. It worked for the Queen editions because they utilised ITV News reporters who were already scattered around. 

I guess a Saturday edition would work in the normal slot, but if they ever did it on a Sunday - I’d say 8am onwards?
There’s also the fact they still have to show CITV programmes to fill the children’s quota, so they wouldn’t be able to start until around 8, unless they moved the kids’ shows earlier to around 5am (like they used to do at Christmas in the 00s).

(22-09-2022, 12:18 PM)Kojak Wrote:  I think they really ought to find a permanent male host now. This guest hosting lark has gone on for 18 months (!!) and I think it's high time they found someone to be the full-time 'face' of the programme alongside Susanna. To my knowledge, no other breakfast show in the world has permanent guest hosts (often ex-politicians - how's that for balance?!)

On another note, I'm surprised ITV have never tried weekend editions of GMB before - they seem to have tried everything else on weekend mornings, so why not GMB?
Why Ed Balls seems to have gone from very occasional guest presenter to on the frequently used list alongside Adil Ray and Richard Madeley I’m not entirely sure.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Andrew's post:
  • James

(22-09-2022, 05:51 PM)Andrew Wrote:  
(22-09-2022, 12:18 PM)Kojak Wrote:  I think they really ought to find a permanent male host now. This guest hosting lark has gone on for 18 months (!!) and I think it's high time they found someone to be the full-time 'face' of the programme alongside Susanna. To my knowledge, no other breakfast show in the world has permanent guest hosts (often ex-politicians - how's that for balance?!)

On another note, I'm surprised ITV have never tried weekend editions of GMB before - they seem to have tried everything else on weekend mornings, so why not GMB?
Why Ed Balls seems to have gone from very occasional guest presenter to on the frequently used list alongside Adil Ray and Richard Madeley I’m not entirely sure.
To be fair, he has improved a little. He only fluffs every 3rd or 4th sentence now on the autocue.

He is good at asking questions and has good knowledge of politics etc. 

Maybe they should just let Susanna be the only host and have a range of regulars permanently at the desk she can bounce off? Think someone mentioned this previously ala Rise v1.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Lester's post:
  • Kojak

(22-09-2022, 06:46 PM)Lester Wrote:  
(22-09-2022, 05:51 PM)Andrew Wrote:  

To be fair, he has improved a little. He only fluffs every 3rd or 4th sentence now on the autocue.

He is good at asking questions and has good knowledge of politics etc. 

Maybe they should just let Susanna be the only host and have a range of regulars permanently at the desk she can bounce off? Think someone mentioned this previously ala Rise v1.

This has been mentioned before. 

It is time for a permanent replacement for Piers. 

I also think they should try some others if they are still not finding a permanent stand in. 

They do not all have to be former Labour MPs or Spin Doctors. They could try other Forbes MPs David Cameron could be a try or even Jeremy Clarkson who has mellowed for Millionaire. 

Others at ITV News like Tom Bradbury, Rageh Omaar even Robert Peston.

Most People know I enjoy watching Good Morning Britain. There has been a storm since Piers left asking who will replace him? Not me sadly but I would not say no. There have been various stand in but does it need to be a male replacement?

ITV News have a fantastic presenter in Charlene White.

I think Charlene and Susannah would make a great duo each morning. Both have strong opinions and are excellent at interviews and doing their job.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ben Shatliff's post:
  • Lester

Not sure if it's deemed off-topic but worth noting that whilst Kwasi Kwarteng is doing the ministerial rounds on BBC this morning he's declined to appear on GMB, and instead his deputy Chris Philp is/was interviewed. It's been a while since a government minister has opted not to appear on GMB, the last time I recall was back in the Piers era. Presumably the fact that Martin Lewis was guest presenting this morning was an unrelated coincidence.

Formerly 'Charlie Wells' of TV Forum.

(03-10-2022, 08:55 AM)Keith Wrote:  Not sure if it's deemed off-topic but worth noting that whilst Kwasi Kwarteng is doing the ministerial rounds on BBC this morning he's declined to appear on GMB, and instead his deputy Chris Philp is/was interviewed.  It's been a while since a government minister has opted not to appear on GMB, the last time I recall was back in the Piers era.  Presumably the fact that Martin Lewis was guest presenting this morning was an unrelated coincidence.

A very good and valid point and not off topic.
[-] The following 2 users Like Ben Shatliff's post:
  • bob, UTVLifer

twitter.com 

The mega desk has been shrunk.
[-] The following 3 users Like m_in_m's post:
  • Lester, TODAY, UTVLifer

(10-10-2022, 05:59 AM)m_in_m Wrote:  twitter.com 

The mega desk has been shrunk.
I didn’t even notice. I will look again later