Good Morning Britain

I refuse to accept that it is nearly the ten year anniversary of the launch of Good Morning Britain. Shurely shome mishtake?

[Image: 1592580878_1869298444.svg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes VMPhil's post:
  • UTVLifer

To be fair to GMB, they've held onto pretty much the entire launch team bar a few notable retirements (John Stapleton/Sue Jameson) until now - even Sean Fletcher is still part of the show even though his original role seems to have disappeared somewhat.

Really, aside from Piers, this is probably the first significant departure the show has had - not bad innings really.

It did seem a bit full on but I suppose if we consider that Ben is leaving Breakfast TV fully with this move then (aside from the Daybreak period) it's marking the end of nearly a cumulative 20 years considering he spent 10 years on GMTV as well.
[-] The following 6 users Like PJamo's post:
  • fanoftv, interestednovice, Jeff, Spencer, Superman1986, UTVLifer

I'm not sure why Simon McCoy keeps being suggested, he's not that popular with actual viewers.

In regards to Ben, I get the sense he's well liked both to people he works with and you never hear a bad word about him and while he is accused of being bland, I'd take bland over controversial any day.
[-] The following 4 users Like XIII's post:
  • fanoftv, interestednovice, Pips2022, UTVLifer

(26-02-2024, 02:56 PM)XIII Wrote:  I'm not sure why Simon McCoy keeps being suggested, he's not that popular with actual viewers.
What's an 'actual' viewer when it's at home?

(27-02-2024, 01:06 AM)Mike Wrote:  What's an 'actual' viewer when it's at home?

I would suggest it's someone who just watches the programme rather than like us, who write about it on forums like this.
[-] The following 1 user Likes NickyBoy's post:
  • Pips2022

Adil says he is hosting most Fridays till the end of May so guessing either the rota of Mon-Wed hosts are going to do an extra day or Kate and Susanna will co-host on Thursdays.

twitter.com 

Surely Ben's departure will be the kick up the arse that GMB needed to find a male co-anchor? Having three men who either don't want the job, or you don't think are strong enough to give the job permanently, in rotation isn't a great vote of confidence is it?

Somebody I've wondered about, since before he took over 5Live Breakfast, would be Rick Edwards.
[-] The following 1 user Likes JK08's post:
  • Scratch_Perry

(07-03-2024, 12:01 AM)Brekkie Wrote:  Adil says he is hosting most Fridays till the end of May so guessing either the rota of Mon-Wed hosts are going to do an extra day or Kate and Susanna will co-host on Thursdays.

Seems they're going with Richard/Ed Mon-Thurs, alongside Susanna Mon-Weds, and Kate/Ranvir/Charlotte on Thursday.

Then a different male host on Friday (Rob last week, Adil until end of May).

Their usage of guest hosts has been more predictable recently, with Richard and Ed alternating fortnightly.

Does Susanna only do three days now?

(07-03-2024, 01:40 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  Does Susanna only do three days now?

She does the occasional Thursday, but I'm sure she has more Thursdays off than on.
[-] The following 1 user Likes James's post:
  • Brekkie