CBS Channel Rebrands

(30-10-2023, 10:51 AM)Keith Wrote:  If I'm correct in thinking the CBS channels (or at least CBS) is owned by Paramount Global.  Given that Paramount also now own Channel 5, is there anything to stop these channels from coming under the Channel 5 branding?  For example renaming 'CBS Reality' as '5Reality'.

I guess though that at present the CBS channels in the UK and Channel 5 are currently two separate subsidiaries.  This makes such renaming unlikely, and explains there's a separate CBS Catchup app in addition to My5.  Long term though it would probably make some sense to fully merge the two.

The CBS branded UK/Europe channels are a joint venture between AMC Networks and Paramount, but AMC have operational control so they have little relation to the Paramount/C5 channels.
[-] The following 2 users Like tmf9's post:
  • benzj, WillPS

rxtvinfo.com 

Anyone getting "Dave ja vu" from the name "True Crime"?

Well the names have been revealed, very uninspiring as expected...

CBS Reality - True Crime
Reality Xtra - True Crime Xtra
Horror Xtra - Legend Xtra

www.broadcastnow.co.uk 
[-] The following 2 users Like rick's post:
  • giiiuls, Happy2001

(31-10-2023, 01:53 PM)rick Wrote:  Well the names have been revealed, very uninspiring as expected...

CBS Reality - True Crime
Reality Xtra - True Crime Xtra
Horror Xtra - Legend Xtra

www.broadcastnow.co.uk 

Hang on, that's the name of the FAST channel on ITVX

Looks like all the channels are introducing a box to their logos. But they are renaming the catchup service as watch free uk. They had so many more names to choose, and they chose that.
[-] The following 2 users Like ckck1704's post:
  • giiiuls, insert_good_username_here

There was a channel with that name a few years back. Was owned by Sony and was branded in the style of True Entertainment and True Movies.
[-] The following 4 users Like ACTV's post:
  • giiiuls, Happy2001, insert_good_username_here, Stuart

(31-10-2023, 02:39 PM)ACTV Wrote:  There was a channel with that name a few years back. Was owned by Sony and was branded in the style of True Entertainment and True Movies.

CSC Media / Chart Show Channels owned the 'True' brand before selling off their channels to Sony. Sony kept it for a while then rebranded to 'Sony Entertainment Television', 'Sony Crime Channel' etc..

We also get a look at the new symbols, using the outlined AMC box as a unifying device:
cdn.broadbandtvnews.com 
Web Image

(From www.broadbandtvnews.com )

I wonder what would happen to the Polish CBS Europa next?

Watch this space...
WestKnightTV - on DeviantArt

(31-10-2023, 04:53 PM)W. Knight Wrote:  We also get a look at the new symbols, using the outlined AMC box as a unifying device:
cdn.broadbandtvnews.com 
(From www.broadbandtvnews.com )
I wonder what would happen to the Polish CBS Europa next?

Someone’s learned how to use Canva 😬
[-] The following 9 users Like mixchris's post:
  • DeMarkay, giiiuls, insert_good_username_here, Kunst, LargelyALurker, Stuart, turbolazer, W. Knight, what

(31-10-2023, 02:08 PM)ckck1704 Wrote:  Hang on, that's the name of the FAST channel on ITVX
Hello Lawsuit