CBS Channel Rebrands

(31-10-2023, 04:53 PM)W. Knight Wrote:  We also get a look at the new symbols, using the outlined AMC box as a unifying device:
cdn.broadbandtvnews.com 
(From www.broadbandtvnews.com )
I wonder what would happen to the Polish CBS Europa next?

Erm...

It's not great is it?
[-] The following 1 user Likes callumwatchestelly's post:
  • Brekkie

(31-10-2023, 05:45 PM)cable Wrote:  Hello Lawsuit

It's owned by exactly the same people...
[-] The following 4 users Like Kunst's post:
  • bkman1990, callumwatchestelly, giiiuls, insert_good_username_here

(31-10-2023, 01:53 PM)rick Wrote:  Well the names have been revealed, very uninspiring as expected...

CBS Reality - True Crime
Reality Xtra - True Crime Xtra
Horror Xtra - Legend Xtra

www.broadcastnow.co.uk 

I'm sure the Reality name is not tied to any other channel, or pose any legal risks, so why the name change?

(31-10-2023, 05:51 PM)Kunst Wrote:  It's owned by exactly the same people...

was meant to be a meme image from Futurama, but picture upload seems to have been disabled. For some reason I couldn't delete my post, what can I do!?

You can't upload from Quick Reply. Need to use full reply.

Also if somebody else has replied to your post and/or its after the 15 minute edit window you can't delete it anyway.

(31-10-2023, 06:28 PM)TheFullElectro Wrote:  I'm sure the Reality name is not tied to any other channel, or pose any legal risks, so why the name change?

While I do prefer the old CBS Reality name as imo the "True Crime" name for a TV channel just sounds really bland and if anything it sounds more like a FAST streaming channel thinking about it now - when you think of a Reality channel you tend to think of trashy reality TV shows rather than the true crime programming that the channel currently offers.

(31-10-2023, 06:28 PM)TheFullElectro Wrote:  I'm sure the Reality name is not tied to any other channel, or pose any legal risks, so why the name change?

Confusion with the Really (from Discovery, ex-UKTV) channel: it's very understandable that they want to avoid the viewer's confusion and any possible conflict with Discovery
[-] The following 2 users Like Kunst's post:
  • callumwatchestelly, giiiuls

I think to avoid confusion with Discovery's "Really"? It's very easy to mix the two up.

It's probably one reason why CBS Reality never abandoned the "CBS" name as they worked to try and figure out it's true name. But surely the execs knew about the existence of the Sony-owned "True Crime", right?
[-] The following 3 users Like Allanbuzzy's post:
  • giiiuls, insert_good_username_here, Roger Darthwell

Yeah but, for how long has that channel even existed? For some months replacing TruTV.

I'm sure that, in the meantime, they've found an agreement with Sony about that name, as the whole True suite of channel doesn't exist anymore anyway.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kunst's post:
  • giiiuls

(31-10-2023, 01:53 PM)rick Wrote:  Well the names have been revealed, very uninspiring as expected...

CBS Reality - True Crime
Reality Xtra - True Crime Xtra
Horror Xtra - Legend Xtra

www.broadcastnow.co.uk 
Legend Xtra should've been called that in the first place. I never thought it made sense that they launched that, while at the same time renaming Horror to Legend.

(31-10-2023, 02:28 PM)ckck1704 Wrote:  Looks like all the channels are introducing a box to their logos. But they are renaming the catchup service as watch free uk. They had so many more names to choose, and they chose that.
Yeah, that is far too generic. Look up that name, and you get links to other streaming platforms.
[-] The following 1 user Likes JAS84's post:
  • callumwatchestelly