CBBC/Newsround Moving

(04-12-2023, 09:54 AM)Keith Wrote:  I did wonder whether they could potentially use either the old Breakfast/NWT studio once it had been refitted, or even NWT's current breakfast opt studio (if NWT moved into their main studio).  I believe these days Newsround is only on once a day around 7.45am.  Personally I'd have thought their current space more than met their needs, with the sets being on either side to avoid needing an additional studio.
It's not just Newsround though, who only use half of the studio, CBBC's in-vision pres currently have the other side of HQ5 and they're going to need a new home too - assuming the BBC is fully vacating the studio

(04-12-2023, 05:47 AM)Josh Wrote:  Correction: Don't see why the whole studio *couldn't* be used for the new news studio.
If you're talking about HQ5, that would be tiny for a news studio - 12.5x7.3m is roughly the same as the notoriously tight Hull studio. Unless I've missed something, the 'news' studios in Salford will be the ground floor newsroom studio for Breakfast/One/Sport and the regional studio for NWT.

(04-12-2023, 12:49 PM)DTV Wrote:  If you're talking about HQ5, that would be tiny for a news studio - 12.5x7.3m is roughly the same as the notoriously tight Hull studio. Unless I've missed something, the 'news' studios in Salford will be the ground floor newsroom studio for Breakfast/One/Sport and the regional studio for NWT.
It would be similar size to the Birmingham news studio, albeit 1 metre or so taller. It also makes no sense for the BBC's news studio at Salford to be in a different building to the newsroom/gathering operation.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mike's post:
  • DTV

(04-12-2023, 01:30 PM)Mike Wrote:  It would be similar size to the Birmingham news studio, albeit 1 metre or so taller.
In floor space, yes - very much at the small end of regional studios - but there is, of course, a difference in shape. Birmingham's squarer shape is better suited for a single set, while Hull and HQ5's longer and thinner shape is more suited for two face-to-face sets.

(03-12-2023, 06:39 PM)lepeterrr Wrote:  I'm not sure on the size of HQ5, but do I dare suggest this has something to do with the recent move announced for the 1?
Unlikely as that was only announced last week, also it's in a different building to where all the news content is made.

CBBC has been pretty cryptic about its changes recently. Back in March they didn't give any notice about their rebrand until the day of (meanwhile CBeebies posted about it on their socials the day before they rebranded), and I'd assume they're going to keep their new studio location under wraps until later.

Moving CBBC out of HQ5 seems inconvenient because there's also CBeebies in HQ6 and Blue Peter in HQ7 (both in close proximity to HQ5), and CBBC and CBeebies are currently sharing 2 of their presenters (Evie and Dodge). I just hope that they don't cram CBBC pres into a chroma key set like they did back in December 2006.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chad Blake's post:
  • fanoftv

(13-12-2023, 11:17 PM)chadblake4785@gmail.com Wrote:  CBBC has been pretty cryptic about its changes recently. Back in March they didn't give any notice about their rebrand until the day of (meanwhile CBeebies posted about it on their socials the day before they rebranded), and I'd assume they're going to keep their new studio location under wraps until later.

Moving CBBC out of HQ5 seems inconvenient because there's also CBeebies in HQ6 and Blue Peter in HQ7 (both in close proximity to HQ5), and CBBC and CBeebies are currently sharing 2 of their presenters (Evie and Dodge). I just hope that they don't cram CBBC pres into a chroma key set like they did back in December 2006.

Blue Peter left HQ 7 about 3 years ago and no longer has a permanent standing set. HQ7 has been home to BBC Sport football programmes since the virtual era was introduced.
[-] The following 2 users Like South's post:
  • Ma76, UTVLifer

Given the announcement back in May 2022 to close CBBC in "the next few years" I imagine any new CBBC set will be done on the cheap, or "borrow" Newsround's set. Whilst the closure had been stated as not before 2025, it's possible the lower increase in the licence fee could see it happen sooner.

Ref: www.bbc.co.uk 

Formerly 'Charlie Wells' of TV Forum.
[-] The following 5 users Like Keith's post:
  • AndrewP, callumwatchestelly, GeeTeeKay474, interestednovice, Ma76

Last Newsround from this studio. From next week a temporary home?

x.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes watchingtv's post:
  • GeeTeeKay474

From the lack of updates, is it possible CBBC just… doesn’t have a new set? With Children’s output slowly moving to a digital first model, will in vision presentation even be needed? CBBC is the only outlet where it still exists for kids. Newsround obviously needs a set as I assume it will still have a life online as a programme or regular updates, hence we at least know it’s moving to a temporary home, but is there a place for in vision continuity presenters without a linear channel?